Android External SD Card: read access but not write access

Started by lagostelle, June 26, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lagostelle

Hi,

On my Android 4.4.3 (Samsung Galaxy S4) oruxmaps CAN READ from external sd card (/mnt/extSdCard) but oruxmaps CAN NOT WRITE on external sd card.

I think this is a major issue because we can not store data in external memory and internal memory could not be enough.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Alex.

orux

Quote from: "lagostelle"Hi,

On my Android 4.4.3 (Samsung Galaxy S4) oruxmaps CAN READ from external sd card (/mnt/extSdCard) but oruxmaps CAN NOT WRITE on external sd card.

I think this is a major issue because we can not store data in external memory and internal memory could not be enough.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Alex.

Hi,

It is a problem after kitkat.

Next version will create the folder com.orux.oruxmaps y all the external devices in Android/data/, where you will be able to put your maps. It is the only folder where each app can write.

I think that you can test this feature in the last beta version.

orux

lagostelle

That would be perfect :)

Thanks

ljubobike

hi

I have caterpillar b15q, with kitkat.

BIIG problem, when I want to save offline maps, I can do that only on internal memory, not on sd card.

With one or two maps, memory full.

How to fix that.

BTW, your app is best. Have garmin gpsmap62st, but in past, with motorolla defy+ and your app, no way to get lost. Make mistake buying gps, your app is easy to use, much better. Except now with kitkat shit

ljubobike

hi

I have caterpillar b15q, with kitkat.

BIIG problem, when I want to save offline maps, I can do that only on internal memory, not on sd card.

With one or two maps, memory full.

How to fix that.

BTW, your app is best. Have garmin gpsmap62st, but in past, with motorolla defy+ and your app, no way to get lost. Make mistake buying gps, your app is easy to use, much better. Except now with kitkat shit

ljubobike

Hi

have caterpillar b15q, and kitkat big issue.

no way to save offline maps on sd card???

Please help

BTW, grate app, the best. We in my bike club use it a lot, best for hike and mtb

orux

Quote from: "ljubobike"Hi

have caterpillar b15q, and kitkat big issue.

no way to save offline maps on sd card???

Please help

BTW, grate app, the best. We in my bike club use it a lot, best for hike and mtb

Hi,

in next version you will be able to store your maps in the app ext. sdcard folder->

Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files

orux

ljubobike

hi

now my phone cat b15q is root. But again no way to save maps on sd card.

When I move Oruxmaps on sd card, it can not read offline maps. Stupid KITKAT. Any way to fix this, or I have to wait new version???

Thanx

lukeskymuh

Hi

I found a solution on my B15Q even without root:

• Uninstall Oruxmaps
  • create manualy the folder:"/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps" on your SD card
  • reinstall a new version of Oruxmaps.

The reason is that Catapilar messed it up and made the kitkat issue even worse: Apps cannot cerate their designated folder on the SD-card. But they can modify the rights.

see also:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/quot-No-SD-card-found-quot-on-Cat-B15Q/td-p/862073">//https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/quot-No-SD-card-found-quot-on-Cat-B15Q/td-p/862073

Regards Luke

goosiebn

Quote from: "lagostelle"external sd card (/mnt/extSdCard) but oruxmaps CAN NOT WRITE on external sd card.

Try /storage/sdcard1