USGS scanned topo maps not working with Nexus 7

Started by Westy, June 30, 2014, 07:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

I've used Oruxmaps extensively with the Nexus 7 for the past year with great success. I primarily use the WMS maps, specifically the USGS scanned topo map however it stopped working today when I downloaded the latest Android update 4.4.3. The maps/tiles will not download, none of these maps are working.

The Layers and Multimaps folders all work. I have reinstalled ORUX, restarted, etc with no luck.

Is there a fix to this?

orux

Quote from: "Westy"I've used Oruxmaps extensively with the Nexus 7 for the past year with great success. I primarily use the WMS maps, specifically the USGS scanned topo map however it stopped working today when I downloaded the latest Android update 4.4.3. The maps/tiles will not download, none of these maps are working.

The Layers and Multimaps folders all work. I have reinstalled ORUX, restarted, etc with no luck.

Is there a fix to this?

Hi,

It is possible that the maps servers are not working well, other times has passed, try another time.

orux

Westy

I tried loading the maps several times since this post including today. The WMS maps are not functioning.

Any fix to this? Are others experiencing this problem? I have wiped my system clean on the Nexus 7, re installed Orux, etc. No luck.

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "Westy"I've used Oruxmaps extensively with the Nexus 7 for the past year with great success. I primarily use the WMS maps, specifically the USGS scanned topo map however it stopped working today when I downloaded the latest Android update 4.4.3. The maps/tiles will not download, none of these maps are working.

Is there a fix to this?

Hi,

It is possible that the maps servers are not working well, other times has passed, try another time.

orux

orux

Quote from: "Westy"I tried loading the maps several times since this post including today. The WMS maps are not functioning.

Any fix to this? Are others experiencing this problem? I have wiped my system clean on the Nexus 7, re installed Orux, etc. No luck.

Is there a fix to this?

Hi,

orux

Hello,

it seems that there are changes in nationalmap.gov servers.

these wms are working:

USGS Topo Base Map - Small Scales",

"USGS Topo Base Map - Large Scales",

"USGS Vector Base Map - Small Scale",

"USGS Vector Base Map - Large Scale",

"USGS Imagery Base Map"

the layers names have changed.

try this:

-->delete the online maps cache first-->configuration--maps--reset online cache (delete all).

long press the wms in the map selector view. the yellow wms are editable.

select the new layers, then save the wms.

orux

orux

Hello,

it seems that there are changes in nationalmap.gov servers.

these wms are working:

USGS Topo Base Map - Small Scales",

"USGS Topo Base Map - Large Scales",

"USGS Vector Base Map - Small Scale",

"USGS Vector Base Map - Large Scale",

"USGS Imagery Base Map"

the layers names have changed.

try this:

-->delete the online maps cache first-->configuration--maps--reset online cache (delete all).

long press the wms in the map selector view. the yellow wms are editable.

select the new layers, then save the wms.

orux

Here you can find more USA WMS maps:

-->http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/example/services/serviceList.html">http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/example/s ... eList.html">http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/example/services/serviceList.html

orux