Incorrect calories calculation

Started by winsten, March 08, 2019, 06:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsten

Hello,

If I provide my personal settings (weight, heart rates, maximum VO2) in "Settings -> Manage account" and if I use a heart rate monitor when recording a track, the "Calories" value in the "Statistics" available in the track overview (where no pulse values are displayed) is always much too high (e.g. "3181257 cal") and is correct in the "Statistics" available in the single track properties (e.g. "1288 cal" for the same track).

If I do not use a heart rate monitor when recording a track, the calorie values are false in both statistics.

I double-checked my personal settings (weight, heart rates, maximum VO2). They seem to be OK. Unfortunately I cannot delete those values or set them to zero, because zero is not allowed. That's why I cannot check if the problem disappears without my personal settings.

I use OruxMaps Donate 7.4.14 on Samsung Note 4 with Android 6.0.1

Has anybody the same problem? Is there a work-around or a setting to enable/disable?

Winfried

fidelcastro54

I have the same mistakes. With me is always displayed about twice as much as is actually consumed. For example 1536 Cal instead of 756 which roughly corresponds to the reality. Can this be adjusted / corrected somewhere?

I'm using a Samsung S10 with the newest Android.

fidelcastro54

Hi Guys. Is there something new? Is there an possible adjustment inside the App? Greetz. ;)

orux

Quote from: winsten post_id=30631 time=1552065845 user_id=8430
Hello,

If I provide my personal settings (weight, heart rates, maximum VO2) in "Settings -> Manage account" and if I use a heart rate monitor when recording a track, the "Calories" value in the "Statistics" available in the track overview (where no pulse values are displayed) is always much too high (e.g. "3181257 cal") and is correct in the "Statistics" available in the single track properties (e.g. "1288 cal" for the same track).

If I do not use a heart rate monitor when recording a track, the calorie values are false in both statistics.

I double-checked my personal settings (weight, heart rates, maximum VO2). They seem to be OK. Unfortunately I cannot delete those values or set them to zero, because zero is not allowed. That's why I cannot check if the problem disappears without my personal settings.

I use OruxMaps Donate 7.4.14 on Samsung Note 4 with Android 6.0.1

Has anybody the same problem? Is there a work-around or a setting to enable/disable?

Winfried

Hello;

The app uses two different formulas to calculate calories. A simplified one, based on the weight, time and coefficient of the activity performed, which is applied when pulse data is not available. The other one is based on pulse, weight, age and time.

The second is the one that applies when you see the detailed statistics of a Track.

The first one also applies to the grouped statistics (from the list of your Tracks, select one or several and press the statistics button of the lower buttonbar). This value is very high if you select many Tracks, it is rare that in an individual Track it is high.

Calorie calculations are not very accurate. I use formulas based on studies, but each person is different.

I'll check if there are other options.

orux