No longer recording tracks

Started by dennershq, July 08, 2014, 02:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennershq

I just updated to v5.5.22 on my android htc desire s running android 2.3.5 htc sense 3.0 and also downloaded offline maps from openandromaps.org and now orux no longer records tracks.

I activate the GPS satellites function on the phone as normal and press record track.  It says it is now recording.  It no longer asks whether I want to start a new track, segment or continue.

It then doesn't follow me when I move.

I've tried it with an online map and it doesn't work with that either.  

Anyone give me any advice on what I am missing?

orux

Quote from: "dennershq"I just updated to v5.5.22 on my android htc desire s running android 2.3.5 htc sense 3.0 and also downloaded offline maps from openandromaps.org and now orux no longer records tracks.

I activate the GPS satellites function on the phone as normal and press record track.  It says it is now recording.  It no longer asks whether I want to start a new track, segment or continue.

It then doesn't follow me when I move.

I've tried it with an online map and it doesn't work with that either.  

Anyone give me any advice on what I am missing?

Strange problem.

May be a problem with the tracks database...

uninstall oruxmaps

rename the folder /oruxmaps/

install again the app

check if it works again;

orux

dennershq

Strange problem.

uninstall oruxmaps

install again the app

check if it works again;

orux

When you say renam the folder oruxmaps/  do you mean just rename the folder as the same name? or rename it to something else?

orux

Quote from: "dennershq"

Strange problem.

uninstall oruxmaps

install again the app

check if it works again;

orux

When you say renam the folder oruxmaps/  do you mean just rename the folder as the same name? or rename it to something else?

rename to a diferent name, oruxmaps2/ for example

when you reinstall oruxmaps, a new oruxmaps/ folder will be created, with a new set of configuration files, and a new database. Then you will see if all is right. If yes, then we know that it may be a problem with the tracks database.

orux

dennershq

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "dennershq"

Strange problem.

uninstall oruxmaps

install again the app

check if it works again;

orux

rename to a diferent name, oruxmaps2/ for example

when you reinstall oruxmaps, a new oruxmaps/ folder will be created, with a new set of configuration files, and a new database. Then you will see if all is right. If yes, then we know that it may be a problem with the tracks database.

orux

ok, I understand, and yes it now works.  Thanks for your help.

dennershq

Unfortunately it worked the once when I tested it.  Second time I used it, doesn't work again.  The GPS can't get a fix on my location either when using an offline map.  The online map doesn't load, just shows a grey screen with the refresh circles.  

The main thing I have done is updated to latest version and put offline maps on for Great Britain, The Netherlands, Germany, France and Spain from andromaps.

Any ideas?

Strange problem.

uninstall oruxmaps

install again the app

check if it works again;