Cannot change directory setting for Mapfiles etc

Started by wirring, July 09, 2014, 09:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wirring

I am running out of space in the internal memery of my Samsung S4 Active, so I want to move all my offline maps and DEM data to th SD card, which have a lot of free space.

I have copied all data 3.6 Gbyte from internal memeory to SDcard.

I the Settings I can easily choose the new location of mapfiles BUT it has no effect. The directory setting is unchanged

What have I missed or doing wrong.

BTW Orux is the best GPS I ever have had and I have used Gps on hiking since 1995 !

I have an issue about the barometric heights but that will be some other day :-)

Hope somebody can help me, it is surely something simple I have missed

Erik Wirring

Måløv

Denmark

orux

Quote from: "wirring"I am running out of space in the internal memery of my Samsung S4 Active, so I want to move all my offline maps and DEM data to th SD card, which have a lot of free space.

I have copied all data 3.6 Gbyte from internal memeory to SDcard.

I the Settings I can easily choose the new location of mapfiles BUT it has no effect. The directory setting is unchanged

What have I missed or doing wrong.

BTW Orux is the best GPS I ever have had and I have used Gps on hiking since 1995 !

I have an issue about the barometric heights but that will be some other day :-)

Hope somebody can help me, it is surely something simple I have missed

Erik Wirring

Måløv

Denmark

Hi, 'double tap' in the built-in directory chooser to select a new directory.

orux

wirring

Thanks for helping me right away :-)

BUT

I have manages to make the directory setting switching to the SD card

But even though I have closed down Orux and restart. OruxMap will not see all my offline maps.

My setting is now: /storage/extSdcard/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ when I use the setting I can see all the subdirectories containing my various Maps.

Are there some way I can reset Orux so it will use the new settings

orux

Quote from: "wirring"Thanks for helping me right away :-)

BUT

I have manages to make the directory setting switching to the SD card

But even though I have closed down Orux and restart. OruxMap will not see all my offline maps.

My setting is now: /storage/extSdcard/oruxmaps/mapfiles/ when I use the setting I can see all the subdirectories containing my various Maps.

Are there some way I can reset Orux so it will use the new settings

Have you tried the 'refresh map list' button in the offline map selector view?

orux

wirring

Stupid stupid me!

That solves the problem :-)

Thanks for helping me.