OruxMaps v.5.5.22 stops recording tracks

Started by mbaertl, July 13, 2014, 06:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbaertl

Hi,

I have encountered an issue when recording tracks. In v.5.5.22 and probably in the version before (not sure about) OM stops recoding the track randomly. Today it stopped during a 98km Bikerace after 10km and I have for sure not touched the device, as it was in my bag. I could stop the recording normally after I have finished, but then I have seen that only 10km were recorded. It is really annoying as the recording should work stable. I have been using OM since more than a year heavily and the recording issue started recently. I would say 1 out of 10 tracks. I have tried the beta version, but I cannot say if it happens there as well. I really like OM, but if recording is not stable it is useless in my case. Hope that this can be resolved easily.

I am running Android 4.4.4 on a Nexus 5 (Cyanogenmod)

regards,

Matthias

orux

Quote from: "mbaertl"Hi,

I have encountered an issue when recording tracks. In v.5.5.22 and probably in the version before (not sure about) OM stops recoding the track randomly. Today it stopped during a 98km Bikerace after 10km and I have for sure not touched the device, as it was in my bag. I could stop the recording normally after I have finished, but then I have seen that only 10km were recorded. It is really annoying as the recording should work stable. I have been using OM since more than a year heavily and the recording issue started recently. I would say 1 out of 10 tracks. I have tried the beta version, but I cannot say if it happens there as well. I really like OM, but if recording is not stable it is useless in my case. Hope that this can be resolved easily.

I am running Android 4.4.4 on a Nexus 5 (Cyanogenmod)

regards,

Matthias

Hi,

I have no reports of such error.

There aren't changes in the record engine for a while.

Have you recently updated the rom? Sometimes those updates produce surprises.

Before you stop recording the track, is the android gps icon on?

orux

mbaertl

Hi,

thanks for your fast feedback. I have not checked if there has been the GPS icon, but it could be the case that it was missing. I am using the nighly build of Cyanogenmod which is quite stable, so I was not linking this to the ROM. I am also using other tools for recording and there I have not recognised the same random recording stop.

Anyway I have deleted the 5.5.22 and I will only use the beta version from now onwards. I will monitor this and update you on the behavior.

If I am the only one experiencing this, then it is very likely to be my ROM.

br,

Matthias

ozach

I have also recurrent problems with OM 6.06 stopping recording a track while cycling.

Any way to fix it ?

TIA

Stef

I have the same problem. I am running Android 4.4.4 on a OnePlusOne (Cyanogenmod). I use the last OruxMaps version but the problem was here with the older version.

Regards.

Stef

It's a problem with CM11 now I am with CM12 and the problem disappeared.