ant+ time and gps timestamp problem

Started by fabrylama, August 05, 2014, 12:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabrylama

Hi Orux,

yesterday I forgot to change the timezone [from +1 to +2] on my phone after a trip (the phone doesn't have a sim, so the time is not synched with the network), the result is a loss of data: the cadence/hr track begins 1 hour after the gps track, but ends at the same time.

Could you use the gps time as timestamp for the ant+ data, instead of the system time?

Thanks, Fabrizio

orux

Quote from: "fabrylama"Hi Orux,

yesterday I forgot to change the timezone [from +1 to +2] on my phone after a trip (the phone doesn't have a sim, so the time is not synched with the network), the result is a loss of data: the cadence/hr track begins 1 hour after the gps track, but ends at the same time.

Could you use the gps time as timestamp for the ant+ data, instead of the system time?

Thanks, Fabrizio

Hi,

it is not possible, becuse ant data and gps data are asyncronous; you can receive gps data each 30 seconds, depending on your settings, and ant data each 0.25 seconds.

orux

fabrylama

Quote from: "orux"

Hi,

it is not possible, becuse ant data and gps data are asyncronous; you can receive gps data each 30 seconds, depending on your settings, and ant data each 0.25 seconds.

orux

Ok, I understand, I'll pay attention next time I travel :D

Could you maybe generate a warning when gps time and device time are too different?

Thanks