Problem with Tracklog

Started by tclazier, September 02, 2014, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tclazier

Hello,

I am used to having my recorded tracks saved automatically on the tracklog folder. After a 10 days hike tour, however, my recordings are all gone. I am not sure if an update erased everything or if they were never recorded. The box "auto gps creation" was not selected. Maybe that is the reason? But does that mean that I lose a track if I start a new one? If not, how can I find them? I do have this backup files but I do not know what to do with them. Thank you

Tiago Lazier

orux

Quote from: "tclazier"Hello,

I am used to having my recorded tracks saved automatically on the tracklog folder. After a 10 days hike tour, however, my recordings are all gone. I am not sure if an update erased everything or if they were never recorded. The box "auto gps creation" was not selected. Maybe that is the reason? But does that mean that I lose a track if I start a new one? If not, how can I find them? I do have this backup files but I do not know what to do with them. Thank you

Tiago Lazier

Hi,

do you see your tracks in the track list (OruxMaps tracks list)?

if you have changed the tracks folder to a folder in the external sdcard, and you are using an android 4.4 device, then the problem is android 4.4.

change the tracks folder to a folder inside the internal memory, then export again your tracks.

orux

tclazier

Hi, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I am unable to see any tracks and I am not using Kitkat 4.4 I am very concerned. This should not happen. I remember that I always got the message: track successfully stored on database. What could have happened?

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "tclazier"Hello,

Tiago Lazier

Hi,

do you see your tracks in the track list (OruxMaps tracks list)?

if you have changed the tracks folder to a folder in the external sdcard, and you are using an android 4.4 device, then the problem is android 4.4.

change the tracks folder to a folder inside the internal memory, then export again your tracks.

orux

orux

Hi,

Send me your tracks file. (oruxmaps/tracklogs/oruxmapstracks.db file).

->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

Basra

Hi,

i am also unable to see any tracks or waypoints anymore. I can create and store maps in oruxmaps and directories in the tracklog database.

When i try to import any kml i get an error "can't load data".

In the waypoint or track manage menu i can see the created folders but no other data in it.

The timestamp of the oruxmaps/tracklogs/oruxmapstracks.db file is created/updated after running oruxmaps so it seems to be writable for the app.

I'm using Android 4.4.4 without external memory.