load map from external sdcard

Started by kakao, September 21, 2014, 12:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kakao

How can I load the map which is on the external sdcard of my phone? Everytime I click ''new map'' it gets me to where oruxmaps folder is installed which is internal memory. The external map has 4Gig, however internal only 1Gig so I can't copy it into the internal folder. There is no option to change the way to other folder.

Mat65

Directory can be set under

Settings->Map

Mathias

santimj

Claro que puedes, la gran mayoría de usuarios de este programa llevamos los mapas en la Sd externa.

- Configurar.

- Mapas.

- Directorio de mapas. Aquí es donde van los mapas, solamente tienes que buscar el directorio donde están los mapas en la Sd externa y marcarla.

Saludos.

kakao

Hi

I know it sounds easy but when I get to my external SD map I can't pick the map from there if I click or double click or hold it does nothing. It can only pick the map from a default folder in internal memory "mapfiles" and the path to other folder cannot be changed.

Quote from: "santimj"Claro que puedes, la gran mayoría de usuarios de este programa llevamos los mapas en la Sd externa.

- Configurar.

- Mapas.

- Directorio de mapas. Aquí es donde van los mapas, solamente tienes que buscar el directorio donde están los mapas en la Sd externa y marcarla.

Saludos.

panda

Quote from: "kakao"Hi

I know it sounds easy but when I get to my external SD map I can't pick the map from there if I click or double click or hold it does nothing. It can only pick the map from a default folder in internal memory "mapfiles" and the path to other folder cannot be changed.

Hello,

you should not choose the map itself, but the folder where the map(s) are located with a double click.

eg. when your map is in the folder ../sdcard1/maps then go to /sdcard1 first and then double click the folder /maps.

To activate the new maps afterwards, click again on "Storage Maps" and then click on the refresh button on the top bar.

kakao

Thanks a lot, it worked with your instructions. The difference was that I had to double click on the whole SDcard to be able to load the map from a particular folder. When I double clicked on the folder itself it could not find the map afterwards inside it.

I appreciate your help  ;)

Quote from: "panda"

Hello,

you should not choose the map itself, but the folder where the map(s) are located with a double click.

eg. when your map is in the folder ../sdcard1/maps then go to /sdcard1 first and then double click the folder /maps.

To activate the new maps afterwards, click again on "Storage Maps" and then click on the refresh button on the top bar.

orux

Quote from: "kakao"Thanks a lot, it worked with your instructions. The difference was that I had to double click on the whole SDcard to be able to load the map from a particular folder. When I double clicked on the folder itself it could not find the map afterwards inside it.

I appreciate your help  ;)

Quote from: "panda"

Hello,

Hi,

do not do that (select the root folder)! The app will take a lot of work looking for maps along all the folders.

you have to select only the parent folder of the map folder.

orux