Help to catch a bug in android 5.0 devices.

Started by orux, November 18, 2014, 08:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orux

There is a bug with the last version 6.0.0 and devices recently updated to android 5.0.

Anyone with this problem?

Please PM me,

orux

sesom

As I am a new user (but not new to Oruxmaps) I cannot send you an email or message in the forum.

I am running Lollipop on a Nexus 7 and Oruxmaps (donate-version) istantly crashed (forced close) after start. No error-message whatsoever.

This is the Logcat: http://pastebin.com/1kmxHT2x">http://pastebin.com/1kmxHT2x

timber

I too am a new user (but not new to Oruxmaps) and cannot send you an email or message in the forum.

I am running Lollipop on a Nexus 4 and Oruxmaps (donate-version) crashes on startup. I see a splash screen with the new Oruxmaps icons in the top row in the background, then a message pops up:  'Unfortunately, OruxMaps has stopped.'

orux

Quote from: "timber"I too am a new user (but not new to Oruxmaps) and cannot send you an email or message in the forum.

I am running Lollipop on a Nexus 4 and Oruxmaps (donate-version) crashes on startup. I see a splash screen with the new Oruxmaps icons in the top row in the background, then a message pops up:  'Unfortunately, OruxMaps has stopped.'

Hi, thanks;

Please, try with uninstall/install again.

I think I have a solution, but I need users from 'free' version for testing, because I cannot test with the donate version.

Please, one or more user with a crashing free version... BUT PM me before trying the unisntall/install solution!!!

jose,

osmodius

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "timber"I too am a new user (but not new to Oruxmaps) and cannot send you an email or message in the forum.

Hi, thanks;

Please, try with uninstall/install again.

I think I have a solution, but I need users from 'free' version for testing, because I cannot test with the donate version.

Please, one or more user with a crashing free version... BUT PM me before trying the unisntall/install solution!!!

jose,

Hi,

exactly the same here, but with FREE version. Until now I haven't tried uninstall/install. Do you need some information from the before state?

Thanks,

Carsten

timber

I installed the free version, without uninstalling the donate version, and it's working fine.

Then I uninstalled/reinstalled the donate version, and it looks to be working fine also.

Thanks for the speedy response.

orux

Quote from: "timber"I installed the free version, without uninstalling the donate version, and it's working fine.

Then I uninstalled/reinstalled the donate version, and it looks to be working fine also.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Hi,

thanks;

I released 6.0.1 in google play. It should solve the bug,

orux

sesom

Quote from: "orux"I released 6.0.1 in google play. It should solve the bug

Thanks for the quick fix, 6.0.1 (donate) runs fine on my Nexus 7 with Lollipop!

Jubilar

I use Android 2.2

Since Orux V6.0 there is a bug after starting, I can not use orux maps.

The same occurs with V6.0.1 . There is a blck screen after starting. Abort about 30 seconds later.

Thanks for the advice on orux.com. After reinstalling V5.5.22 Orux runs o.k.