gpsies support

Started by wolfgang61, December 07, 2014, 03:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfgang61

Hi,

I currently use the realtime tracker but want to use gpsies instead. There are a few usability problems, I am using the current version

1. Download tracks from gpsies: It only finds tracks if I enter info into ALL search fields. So Showing all tracks of a certain user is not possible. I have 11 own tracks on gpsies, and I want to only enter my user name for searching. If I leave the search text empty, all texts should match, currently nothing matches. If I leave the maximum distance empty, all distances should match. Currently nothing matches. Alternatively, a nice solution would be to save the last entered values and propose them as default for the next search. Or implement both.

2. Livetracking with gpsies: In the settings I can define the mode private/public for gpsies and I can define the standard activity. But live tracking with gpsies never actually starts. The menu with "Start GPS" never offers me an entry for starting livetracking with gpsies – however it shows a menu entry for mapmytracks if I define a mapmytracks account. Is gpsies live tracking not supported / partially supported / planned? The user manual does not tell.

6745th@web.de

I test point 1, same result

orux

Quote from: "6745th@web.de"I test point 1, same result

Hi,

there is no live tracking with gpsies, only with mapmytracks.

try with last beta, there are changes in gpsies servers.

orux

6745th@web.de

Seems to work better now.

If i enter only my gpsies username, i get a tracklist. But only my public tagged tracks.

Should also show my privat tracks.

If i only enter a description part, i get now a long list. Good.

Would be good, if the text fields are stored. And next time i want to import gpsies,the fields should be pre filled out.

Greetings, Thomas