dim wake lock bug

Started by valleyofdawn, December 12, 2014, 02:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valleyofdawn

Bug with the "screen on while logging" feature.

It used to work fine, now when I put it in this position it doesn't use the dim wake lock, but stays bright and drains the battery.

Curiously, when I turn the "always on" feature off and on again, the dim wake lock it's working.

Samsung Galaxy S3.

Android 4.1.2

Same behavior for latest released version and 6.02 beta1

valleyofdawn

The problem persists with the new release.

Any ideas, Orux?

orux

Quote from: "valleyofdawn"The problem persists with the new release.

Any ideas, Orux?

Hi,

This option is deprecated in the last API versions of android.

I'm afraid that there isn't a good alternative, may be doing the dimming programmatically, but it is not the best solution...

orux

valleyofdawn

Yes, but:

1) I'm working with an old version of Android (4.1.2).

2) After I disable and re-enable "screen always on" it does work.

neo

Since I upgraded my Samsung S4 to Lollipop (5.0.1), I have the same problem: The display remains bright whenever I start oruxmaps and track logging. Oruxmaps (the current version 6.0.7) is configured to keep the screen always on, and display brightness is set to DIM WAKE LOCK.

To get it working, you can just tap Menu -> General Settings, and then go back with the back button. From then on the display will dim after an idle time. So you don't need to change anything, don't even need to go into the Applications submenu, just enter the General Settings menu and then back. But it needs to be done each time you start oruxmaps for track logging.

Is there any fix planned for this?

orux

Quote from: "neo"Since I upgraded my Samsung S4 to Lollipop (5.0.1), I have the same problem: The display remains bright whenever I start oruxmaps and track logging. Oruxmaps (the current version 6.0.7) is configured to keep the screen always on, and display brightness is set to DIM WAKE LOCK.

To get it working, you can just tap Menu -> General Settings, and then go back with the back button. From then on the display will dim after an idle time. So you don't need to change anything, don't even need to go into the Applications submenu, just enter the General Settings menu and then back. But it needs to be done each time you start oruxmaps for track logging.

Is there any fix planned for this?

Hello;

Yes, I hope it will be solved in next version.

orux