"Switch Map Here" shows far-away maps

Started by PabloPaulo, April 04, 2015, 10:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloPaulo

I'm using OruxMaps 6.0.7 Donate (I'm a user of OruxMaps for past 2.5 years and really like it). Samsung S3 phone.

In earlier versions, "Switch Map Here" option (under Maps button) showed only the offline maps for my present location, but more recently (I'm not sure when) "Switch Map Here" also shows many maps I've loaded which do not cover my present location.

If I turn on the "Map Index", I only see maps listed for my present location (say 4 or 5 maps), but tapping on the Map Index brings up the long list (15 or 20 maps) of non-local maps, not the short list of local maps I would like to select from.

My offline maps are stored in /storage/extSdCard/oruxmaps/mapfiles/    Some of the maps are in folders for a location, some are not. I am not sure if this makes a difference. Thank you for any suggestions.

orux

Quote from: "PabloPaulo"I'm using OruxMaps 6.0.7 Donate (I'm a user of OruxMaps for past 2.5 years and really like it). Samsung S3 phone.

In earlier versions, "Switch Map Here" option (under Maps button) showed only the offline maps for my present location, but more recently (I'm not sure when) "Switch Map Here" also shows many maps I've loaded which do not cover my present location.

If I turn on the "Map Index", I only see maps listed for my present location (say 4 or 5 maps), but tapping on the Map Index brings up the long list (15 or 20 maps) of non-local maps, not the short list of local maps I would like to select from.

My offline maps are stored in /storage/extSdCard/oruxmaps/mapfiles/    Some of the maps are in folders for a location, some are not. I am not sure if this makes a difference. Thank you for any suggestions.

Hi, Pablo;

which kind of maps do you use/have problems (mapsforge, oruxmaps, garmin, rmap, mbtiles,...)?

orux

PabloPaulo

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "PabloPaulo"I'm using OruxMaps 6.0.7 Donate (I'm a user of OruxMaps for past 2.5 years and really like it). Samsung S3 phone.

Hi, Pablo;

which kind of maps do you use/have problems (mapsforge, oruxmaps, garmin, rmap, mbtiles,...)?

orux

I made some off-line maps using the OruxMaps app map creator (using Topo4u, and in the past google maps) and I am also using off-line maps loaded as .img map loaded with Garmin's installer (not Garmin maps, but other .img maps). I got some some of these from gpsfiledepot.com. I have not used mapsforge, rmap, mbtiles, etc. Thank you.

orux

Quote from: "PabloPaulo"
Quote from: "orux"

Hi, Pablo;

orux

I made some off-line maps using the OruxMaps app map creator (using Topo4u, and in the past google maps) and I am also using off-line maps loaded as .img map loaded with Garmin's installer (not Garmin maps, but other .img maps). I got some some of these from gpsfiledepot.com. I have not used mapsforge, rmap, mbtiles, etc. Thank you.

HI;

are the wrong listed maps garmin maps?

may be the limits of those maps are not readed correctly.

have you tried the last beta version (you can download it in the forum)?

orux