Missing tracks and track files?

Started by jess.cole, April 05, 2015, 03:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jess.cole

Hi!

Sorry if this is a stupid question or has already been answered! I did try and search but couldn't find it!

I used orux to track my cycle tour last summer but have since been unable to download the gpx tracks created. Settings implies the track files should be saved in the same folder as routes but aren't there at all. And when using the manage feature only the last week or so of tracks show up, not the previous 4 months of tracks! Any help with how I can access these files and how to download them all would be much appreciated! :)

orux

Quote from: "jess.cole"Hi!

Sorry if this is a stupid question or has already been answered! I did try and search but couldn't find it!

I used orux to track my cycle tour last summer but have since been unable to download the gpx tracks created. Settings implies the track files should be saved in the same folder as routes but aren't there at all. And when using the manage feature only the last week or so of tracks show up, not the previous 4 months of tracks! Any help with how I can access these files and how to download them all would be much appreciated! :)

Hello;

May be the database file was restarted because of a corruption of the file.

If you use kitkat (android 4.4) remember that the app can not write in all the folders of the external sdcard, only in the folder Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files/ folder,

orux

jess.cole

Thank you for the reply!

I didn't know that and I've just tried to find that folder but it doesn't appear to exist. I've found the Android/data folder but it doesn't contain a com.orux.oruxmaps folder within it? Any ideas if it could be somewhere else or if it being missing means the routes are gone?

orux

Quote from: "jess.cole"Thank you for the reply!

I didn't know that and I've just tried to find that folder but it doesn't appear to exist. I've found the Android/data folder but it doesn't contain a com.orux.oruxmaps folder within it? Any ideas if it could be somewhere else or if it being missing means the routes are gone?

Hi;

You have to search the gpx/kml files in the folder you have selected in configuration--tracks--tracks directory.

If this folder points to the external storage, and your device is a kitkat, then the app can not create the gpx/kml files.

But you can export again your tracks, if you changes that directory to the internal storage.

orux

jess.cole

Sorry I'm really confused.

I've always had it set up with the routes/tracks folder on my sd card as I spent 4 month cycling and had a lot of routes to store. And during that trip the tracks were generated and were accessible within the app by going to routes and then manage, but nothing representing these tracks ever appeared in the folder on the sd card, so I assume they were being stored elsewhere..? Then in september last year at the end of the trip those 4 months worth of tracks vamished from the manage list, but since then any new tracks have appeared there as normal, but again, no files to show for it in the sd card folder... So I assume both sets of gpx files were/are being stored in the same place but I can't for the life of me work out where. Right now tracks are appearing in app from Sept '14-now but aren't in the folder indicated in settings... They must be somewhere on either the phone or sd card right?

Sorry for being clueless and thank you for your help/patience!

jess.cole

Have just found the folder device storage/oruxmaps/tracklogs which has 4 files in each ending in .db .db-journal .db.backup etc  but no idea what to do with any of these files to access what I assume are the tracks I need within?

orux

Quote from: "jess.cole"Have just found the folder device storage/oruxmaps/tracklogs which has 4 files in each ending in .db .db-journal .db.backup etc  but no idea what to do with any of these files to access what I assume are the tracks I need within?

Hello;

Those files are database files where tracks/wpts are stored inside. The tracks are not stored in gpx/kml file by default. If you want that, you have to check the settings--tracks--auto kml or auto gpx creation.

If you can not see the tracks before one day, I'm afraid that something was wrong (file corruption, accidentally delete,...) and the database was recreated after that day.

There are two backup files of the database, but those files are overwritten after two weeks. If you do not restore those files before 2 weeks, the backup files are overwritten with the new database.

orux