Hello!

We are working on a new version.
https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=34734.0

:beta42
-->mapsforge update to 0.13

:beta42
-->changes in BT bike power sensor

:beta41
-->draw overlay tool, added new features, now you can draw more types of shapes.
-->we go back to the previous algorithm of calculation of accumulated ascent/descent.

:beta39
-->added a new feature in the 'draw layer' tool: draw a circle with xx distance units radius. Useful for creating geofence alerts, for example, under COVID-19 movement limitations.
-->bugs corrections

:beta38
-->changes in device orientation algorithm. It should be more stable
-->bugs correction

:beta33
--rollback some algorithms (track statistics calculations). It seems they don't work as expected.
--improved WMS and WMTS creation, with a map viewer for immediate testing.

:beta31
--new voice commands added
--some bug correction

:beta30
--support to some voice commands. You can find available voice commands in global settings--text to speech/sounds-->available voice commands. The idea is to be able to operate the app without touching the screen, for example, with gloves.
how does it work? you can trigger voice recognition with:
a) add a new button to the map viewer right/left button bars that start voice recognition.
b) using device hardware volume buttons (configure this option in global settings--text to speech/sounds-->volume buttons, voice commands). For now, it only works if you are displaying the map viewer screen. Hint: How do you open the map viewer, if you are using gloves, for example? If you use Google assistant, you can open any app if you say 'OK Google, open OruxMaps application'. The problem is that Google's assistant is going to open only an app available on Google Play (then it does not work with beta and free versions)! We must wait for the launch of the final version...
c) using google assistant 'ok google' to send commands to the app. Full integration coming soon.

All the commands are simple, the more complex one is creating a new waypoint. You can create a new waypoint if recording a Track, with name, type and description if you say (you can omit the name, type and/or description):
'new waypoint name 'the name of the waypoint' type 'the type from one of the available types' description 'the description'.

A useful command, if you are recording a Track and you want to see the statistics:
1.-open the map viewer, trigger voice recognition (display button or volume button)-->'see statistics' command.
2.-trigger voice recognition (display button or volume button)-->'go back' command.

Hint: You can disable the screen lock for the app, when you turn off the screen, in global settings -> application -> disable the screen saver. This way you can access the map viewer, when you are recording a Track, by pressing the hardware power button.

:beta29
--some bugs removed.

:beta28--new map selector view
--some bugs removed.

:beta27--online composite maps with offline layers.
:beta26
--bug correction with distance measurement.

:beta24
--added support to steps counter (using internal device sensor). You can enable it under global settings--sensors. New dashboard control with this information. A new entry in track statistics.
--support to Tempo Disc 4in1 barometer-termometer-humidity sensor.
--bug with strava solved.

:beta21
-bug correction

:beta20
-bug correction

:beta19
-bug correction

:beta18
--added icons indicating max/min altitude and speed (per segment). You can enable disable those indicators in global settings--Tracks.

:beta16
-bug correction

:beta15
-bug correction

:beta14:
New functionality:
-Added two new controls to the dashboard (altitude above remaining, altitude below remaining)
--includes a new LITE version; with the following idea:
-> meets 90% of the functionality.
-> Useful for 90% of users, especially those who use the app for the first time.
-> the same functionality, accessible only from one place:

The changes only affect the main window (the map navigator). You can swap from one version to the full version in the global settings' main display.

what do you think?

:beta12:
->bugs correction
->Smoother movement of the GPS cursor.

:beta11:
->mapsforge 0.12 libraries update
->minor changes,

:beta10:
->bug corrections.
->changes in some calculation algorithms (motion detection, height gained/lost)

:beta9:
->bug corrections.
->In some devices, it seems that the app can not detect when the navigation bar is hidden in immersive mode. Added a new setting to force that layout in global settings--user interface--miscelaneous.

:beta8: There are a lot of changes, old libraries removed, new added; please, test with care!
->New map display layout, with default semitransparent bars and buttons. The main thing is the map.
->Added a new right panel, with the main information (speed, altitude, distances,... and two graphics (current track, route followed). Swipe the finger from the right side of the display.
->New graphics library; I expect better. You can tap and see the value.

->New Tracks display layout, with more information, including a Track thumbnail. Those thumbnails are only calculated for new Tracks, or when the Track is loaded (for follow, see statistics,...) because it is a hard task; if you want to force the calculation of the thumbnails, there is an option in the Track list, 'more options' button.

:beta6:
->support two separate BT 4.0 sensors (Bike Cadence and Speed).
->Android wear module, now you can get the heart rate from your watch. Configure that feature in global settings--sensors--heart rate.

:beta5:
some improvements in the coordinates conversion tool.

:beta3:
->improved support to KML format. Added support to icon rotation attribute
->bug corrections.

New:
-> Activated SOS function with sending email messages. Due to the restrictions of Google Play to publish apps that send SMS messages, I decided to activate this feature.
CREATE A SPECIFIC GMAIL ACCOUNT ONLY FOR THAT PURPOSE, DO NOT USE YOUR USUAL ACCOUNTS!

-> New configuration screens. With search function; there are already too many and it is difficult to find some at times.
-> GPS Week rollover problem fix in devices that suffer that problem. Settings - sensors - GPS
-> Added new buttons to some screens.
-> New experimental map render engine.
-> Weather forecast at map center position. 5 days / 3 hours. Map viewer, more button.
-> Import Waypoints in .csv format
The fields that are recognized are:
"name"
"description"
"position"-->latitude,longitude
"latitude"
"longitude"
"icon"-->url to a png
"iconcolor"-->hexadecimal format
"altitude"
"time" & "date"-->different timestamps

orux

JCS666

No se lo que dices, pero la descargo :-)

Josean

Muy buenas! Se agradece la currada que te has pegado, pero aquí estamos ya para ponerle peros! :o

Recién instalada al abrirla por primera vez ha salido un mensaje de error de un XML binary file no sé qué . No he podido capturarlo, y luego he intentado probar lo de el email de SOS y no lo envía y sale un mensaje de email incorrecto.smtp

Saludos.

JCS666

Ratifico el error al enviar el mail del SOS

Mapper-Alps12

Hola Orux,

thanks for the new beata. It works but while track recording the track on the maps shows really strange, see attached Image. I tested with 2 Smartphones, both show the (may I call it) "bug". When you zoom in or out using the zoom tabs in the App, than the track looks like in all the other versions. I never had this behaviour before. I tested today also with 7.4.22 and everything was OK. I hope I could explain the bug but I think the picture says all.

Quercus.JB

Hola a tod@s, hola orux, no se si ya lo pensaste, pero ahora que pusiste la previsión del tiempo, seria genial poder tenerla a lo largo de una ruta, le decimos la velocidad media que pensamos tener y que cada x nos valla diciendo la previsión. Espero que te parezca buena idea.

Gracias.

Enviado desde mi TA-1004 mediante Tapatalk

Mapper-Alps12

Sorry,

how can I upload the screenshot? I don't find a possibility...

Juanjo

Quote from: Mapper-Alps12 post_id=38837 time=1562509831 user_id=5155
Hola Orux,

thanks for the new beata. It works but while track recording the track on the maps shows really strange, see attached Image. I tested with 2 Smartphones, both show the (may I call it) "bug". When you zoom in or out using the zoom tabs in the App, than the track looks like in all the other versions. I never had this behaviour before. I tested today also with 7.4.22 and everything was OK. I hope I could explain the bug but I think the picture says all.

Hola Orux,

I think that what Mapper-Alps12 is trying to explain is that, while recording a track, very often the track position moves far away from the actual one and then, in the next point, it comes back to the correct position. I am experiencing the same issue, zooming in/out makes the track display properly again.

Also, I confirm the two other bugs reported by Josean and JCS666 about the error with binary xml first time the app opens and SMTP error when trying to send SOS mail.

Android 9

Saludos

Mapper-Alps12

Thanks Juanjo,

you're right with your great description of the bug with the moving track position. This is the behaviour I tried to explain but I failed!

Saludos!

Juanjo

Quote from: Mapper-Alps12 post_id=38843 time=1562583016 user_id=5155
Thanks Juanjo,

you're right with your great description of the bug with the moving track position. This is the behaviour I tried to explain but I failed!

Saludos!

Hi Mapper-Alps12,

You wouldn't have failed if you were able to attach the screenshot ;-)

The forum is not accepting pictures, you should upload it to a site such as imgur and post the link here.

Saludos

Mapper-Alps12

Thanks again, Juanjo,

here we go: https://imgur.com/a/tEUA4Bw">https://imgur.com/a/tEUA4Bw

Uli

Thanks for the new Beta Version.

Again in that beta  version rdks doesnt work.

Since I seem to be the only user, dont worry about it.

With the paid version RDKS works fine still.

Uli

JCS666

En la ruta de hoy me aparecieron un par de aberraciones similares a las que ya te han puesto aqui, al finalizar el track desaparecen, lo que no se como puede afectar a la distancia etc.

orux

Quote from: Josean post_id=38832 time=1562364232 user_id=1497
Muy buenas! Se agradece la currada que te has pegado, pero aquí estamos ya para ponerle peros! :o

Recién instalada al abrirla por primera vez ha salido un mensaje de error de un XML binary file no sé qué . No he podido capturarlo, y luego he intentado probar lo de el email de SOS y no lo envía y sale un mensaje de email incorrecto.smtp

Saludos.

Gracias, por las pruebas.

A ver ahora, con la última actualización.

orux

orux

Quote from: Mapper-Alps12 post_id=38837 time=1562509831 user_id=5155
Hola Orux,

Thanks; it was a problem with the Track render engine. But the Track was OK in the database.

please try with last beta version.

orux