New beta version, 7.5.9betaX

Started by orux, July 05, 2019, 08:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrea65

Quote from: orux on February 07, 2020, 07:08:34 PM
Quote from: Andrea65 on February 06, 2020, 02:54:39 PM
Hello Orux,
thanks for the prompt follow-up.

Regarding the Strava features you listed, I am really sorry, I could not find any command for upload and download.
I can only list all the activities already on Strava and I can also select one and show it in a kind of "overlay-like" view, but I cannot download it in the phone memory / OruxMaps dBase.
And, as stated, I couldn't find any command for the upload to Strava of a recorded course.

Have you any documentation about how to use these features?

My phone is a new Huawei nova 5T running Android 9.1.0 (last version patched available from Huawei).
It may also be a compatibility issue.

Thanks again and all the best,
Andrea
You can upload a Track to Strava:1.-From your Tracks list (the Tracks recorded with OruxMaps), click one of them-->Properties. There is a button to upload it to different servers, including Strava.2.-Automatically, when finish recording a Track. Configure it in Global settings-->Integration.
You can not download 'activities' from Strava, because they don't allow download activities.
You can download 'routes' from Strava. In the 'Strava activities' display, there is a button in the top button bar to go to your routes in Strava.
orux

Hello Orux,
I tried it today with the Beta30 and I have understood how to use it.
By the way, regarding the point you said that it is not possible to download an own Strava activity, I know another spanish developer that did an application for that (I tested and it works fine). If you do not know him, I would be glad to introduce him to you.
Thanks for all and kind regards,
Andrea

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on February 10, 2020, 03:54:43 PM

Hello Orux,
I tried it today with the Beta30 and I have understood how to use it.
By the way, regarding the point you said that it is not possible to download an own Strava activity, I know another spanish developer that did an application for that (I tested and it works fine). If you do not know him, I would be glad to introduce him to you.
Thanks for all and kind regards,
Andrea
Thanks.
The Strava API is public. https://developers.strava.com/docs/reference/
You can get a lot of information about each activity, but the original GPX, with the track points and timestamps, I think not.

But if you know someone who knows how to do it, glad to contact him. Which is the app that allow that?

orux

Andrea65

Thanks.
The Strava API is public. https://developers.strava.com/docs/reference/
You can get a lot of information about each activity, but the original GPX, with the track points and timestamps, I think not.

But if you know someone who knows how to do it, glad to contact him. Which is the app that allow that?

orux
[/quote]

Hello Jose,

I am using Strava since long and I can confirm to you that anyone can dowload the GPX of its own activities from the web interface:
- Activity Feeds -> Own activities -> select activity -> Export to GPX

Unfortunately, I am not a developer, so I never used the Strava API.

Regarding the Android application I mentioned, it is "Strava to GPX".
The developer is Jesus Picornell (spark71.com),  Figueres, Catalunya.

All the best, regards, Andrea

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on February 10, 2020, 05:23:27 PM

Hello Jose,

I am using Strava since long and I can confirm to you that anyone can dowload the GPX of its own activities from the web interface:
- Activity Feeds -> Own activities -> select activity -> Export to GPX

Unfortunately, I am not a developer, so I never used the Strava API.

Regarding the Android application I mentioned, it is "Strava to GPX".
The developer is Jesus Picornell (spark71.com),  Figueres, Catalunya.

All the best, regards, Andrea

Thanks, Andrea;

Yes, you can download your activities using the web interface, but not using a public API (an app calling their servers).

Strava to GPX basically opens a web browser, then you navigate inside the Strava web, till you download the GPX.

You can do the same using Chrome, (more or less):
1.-open the web browser, go to strava.com and log in.
2.-browse your activities, if you want to open one of then, select it and click 'export to GPX'
3.-after the file is downloaded, click the message in the Android status bar that alerts you the file is downloaded. OruxMaps will offer itself to open the GPX, because it is a text file.

The key is that you can not do bulk downloads, all your activities, for example. You have to browse one by one, then download it.

You can also use Strava to GPX to download all your activities to the device, then import all the GPX to OruxMaps massively. But if you have hundreds of activities...

I'm afraid that Strava doesn't want to share that valious information massively.

orux

Andrea65

Hello Orux, thanks for the follow-up!
Have a nice day.
Regards, Andrea

Andrea65

Hello Orux,

in Beta30 I noticed that uploading an activity to Strava, the "activity type" is LOST.

I explain better step by step:
0) My Strava account has Cycling as default activity.
1) I set OruxMaps default activity to "Ski" (just because I was expected to test it skiing...)
2) I had short walk activity recorded
3) When selecting its "Properties" before uploading to Strava I had care to set the activity to "Slow walk < 5kmh".
4) Then I proceed with the upload to Strava
5) Checking the activity on Strava I found that it is marked as "Cycling Type" (so my Strava default type).

I think this is a bug or some other limitation of the Strava API.

All the best
Andrea

JCS666

Hola Orux

Seria muy complicado añadir la opcion de leer otros sensores, por ejemplo el termometro ?.

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on February 14, 2020, 10:06:10 AM
Hello Orux,

in Beta30 I noticed that uploading an activity to Strava, the "activity type" is LOST.

I explain better step by step:
0) My Strava account has Cycling as default activity.
1) I set OruxMaps default activity to "Ski" (just because I was expected to test it skiing...)
2) I had short walk activity recorded
3) When selecting its "Properties" before uploading to Strava I had care to set the activity to "Slow walk < 5kmh".
4) Then I proceed with the upload to Strava
5) Checking the activity on Strava I found that it is marked as "Cycling Type" (so my Strava default type).

I think this is a bug or some other limitation of the Strava API.

All the best
Andrea

Hello!
There is no match between the Track types of OruxMaps, Strava, and other online sites. Each one uses its own categories.

When you select upload to Strava, there is a drop-down where are the possible types in Strava. Do you select a type there before pressing upload?

What has not worked for a long time is the possibility of selecting public/private. That must be done on Strava's own website. I have to remove it from the upload screen. And add new types of Tracks, I see that Strava has added others.

orux

orux

Quote from: JCS666 on February 14, 2020, 10:36:27 AM
Hola Orux

Seria muy complicado añadir la opcion de leer otros sensores, por ejemplo el termometro ?.
Buenas;

Se pueden usar distintos sensores externos, incluyendo barómetro, humedad y temperatura.
Hay varios compatibles, incluyendo alguno compatible con ANT+
Algunos de ellos tienen problemas, no terminan de convencerme, especialmente en lo que se refiere al barómetro. Por eso esto experimentando con un arduino nano con todos los sensores (presión, temperatura, humedad,...) a ver si consigo algo interesante...

orux

JCS666

Quote from: orux on February 14, 2020, 05:03:26 PM
Quote from: JCS666 on February 14, 2020, 10:36:27 AM
Hola Orux

Buenas;

Se pueden usar distintos sensores externos, incluyendo barómetro, humedad y temperatura.
Hay varios compatibles, incluyendo alguno compatible con ANT+
Algunos de ellos tienen problemas, no terminan de convencerme, especialmente en lo que se refiere al barómetro. Por eso esto experimentando con un arduino nano con todos los sensores (presión, temperatura, humedad,...) a ver si consigo algo interesante...

orux

Seguramente no me explique bien, me refería a que la aplicación lea en voz los datos como lo hace con al distancia elevación etc.

Juanjo

Quote from: orux on February 10, 2020, 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: Juanjo on February 07, 2020, 10:09:47 PM
Hola orux,

he visto que en la beta 29 has incorporado la posibilidad de iniciar una llamada telefónica desde el resultado de la búsqueda de POIs. En un viejo LG con android 5.1.1, no funciona, me dice que ninguna aplicación puede realizar esa acción.

Saludos
Beta actualizada (new beta version).
Es posible que no reconozca el Intent que lanza el teléfono.

No todos los teléfonos lo hacen,

orux

Hola orux,

tampoco me funciona en un Nokia 7 plus con android 10. Aquí no da ningún error, simplemente no reacciona.

Saludos

tstreibl

Hi Orux,

didn't get the "hillshading" feature to work in OruxMaps7.5.9beta31.apk.   

As far as I can remember it worked in an earlier beta from end of last year. It works fine in the stable release. Maybe I'm just too stupid to get the settings right?

I used the mapsforge map "Alps" from Openandromaps. Under Settings->Maps->Mapsforge-Settings I activated "hillshading". The path to the DEM data is set correctly. Mapsforge-Theme "Elements" from Openandromaps is activated.

Just as an Idea:
-the new layout  of the "track management" is great. However for "older tracks" (recorded by a previos app version) the nice "map icon symbol" (little map with track on it) is not generated automatically. To generate it manually,  I have to go for each track to "properties", press the "statistics" icon and save the property changes afterwards. Would be nice if this conversion could be done automatically, maybe once on installation and when tracks are imported/changed.

By the way:
-  192kB max. attachement size is hard to meet.
-  something doesn't work with the mobile version of this formum. As soon as I choose one of the topics "Genera", "Betas"... on my smartphone I get an "NOT Acceptable!" screen. Switching to "desctope mode" works.

Best regards, Tilo

Andrea65

Quote from: orux on February 14, 2020, 04:58:40 PM
When you select upload to Strava, there is a drop-down where are the possible types in Strava. Do you select a type there before pressing upload?
orux

Hello Orux,
I tested it today using Beta31: it works.
Thanks for your support and for the overall clarification about.
Regards, Andrea

JCS666

En la beta 31 podriamos tener un problema con Strava.

Cada vez que quieres subir algo hay que conectar a Strava y autorizar Oruxmaps o da error, no lo memoriza.
Cuando sube el track no registra ni el titulo ni el tipo de actividad.

Lo comento sin saber si es cosa del programa o que Strava varió algo.

Juanjo

Quote from: tstreibl on February 15, 2020, 02:52:52 PM
I used the mapsforge map "Alps" from Openandromaps. Under Settings->Maps->Mapsforge-Settings I activated "hillshading". The path to the DEM data is set correctly. Mapsforge-Theme "Elements" from Openandromaps is activated.

Hi Tilo,

you have to use the 'Apply hill shadows' option found in 'Maps settings', the Mapsforge hillshading does not work with openandromaps maps.

Quote from: tstreibl on February 15, 2020, 02:52:52 PM
Just as an Idea:
-the new layout  of the "track management" is great. However for "older tracks" (recorded by a previos app version) the nice "map icon symbol" (little map with track on it) is not generated automatically. To generate it manually,  I have to go for each track to "properties", press the "statistics" icon and save the property changes afterwards. Would be nice if this conversion could be done automatically, maybe once on installation and when tracks are imported/changed.

There is already an option for doing this, on the track manager screen, touch the 3 dots at bottom right an then select 'Reload tracks thumbnails'.

Regards.