7.5.9beta16 Bugs: Strava, Cadence, SOS E-mail and Instalation

Started by PTJoe, November 05, 2019, 07:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PTJoe

Hi,

I recently started experimenting OruxMaps. I liked a lot of functionality and planned to start using it as a Map app for navigation while cycling.

However I faced a few anoying bugs.

I upgraded to last beta (7.5.9beta16) to see if it was fixed but it is not. Here is the list

1- Automatic upload to strava

When I finish a track I configured to get a popup to upload the track to strava. There I have the default of the activity to be set as "Private".

However, when the track is uploaded it is uploaded as public. Not private.

2- Cadence Sensor

Not sure if this is an actual OruxMap bug or something due to my sensor but:

I have a MAGENE gemini 210 cadence sensor

When I stop pedaling Orux shows a 0 RPM value. That is correct.

However, that 0 value is never recorded in an upload to strava or export to GPX. Everytime there is a 0 RPM the value of cadence is not writen down.

So, in strava it is assumed like the value was unchanged since the last known value and it keep showing it as straight line with the last RPM value.

Shouldn't OruxMap write zero at least the first time?

3- SOS E-mail

I've configured A SOS G-Mail acount. However, when I try to send a test message I always get an error message with "Wrong mail"

However I got a message from GMAIL asking me about change a setting. So password is correct.

I change the app setting but I still get the same message.

4- Error after instalation

When I start the beta version aftr first instalation I get an error similiar to something like "Preference.xml could not be inflated".

I uninstalled, removed previous oruxmaps folders (Both SD and Phone storage) to have a clean install but still got the same error.

Thank you.

orux

Quote from: PTJoe post_id=39305 time=1572935887 user_id=9057
Hi,

I recently started experimenting OruxMaps. I liked a lot of functionality and planned to start using it as a Map app for navigation while cycling.

However I faced a few anoying bugs.

I upgraded to last beta (7.5.9beta16) to see if it was fixed but it is not. Here is the list

1- Automatic upload to strava

When I finish a track I configured to get a popup to upload the track to strava. There I have the default of the activity to be set as "Private".

However, when the track is uploaded it is uploaded as public. Not private.

2- Cadence Sensor

Not sure if this is an actual OruxMap bug or something due to my sensor but:

I have a MAGENE gemini 210 cadence sensor

When I stop pedaling Orux shows a 0 RPM value. That is correct.

However, that 0 value is never recorded in an upload to strava or export to GPX. Everytime there is a 0 RPM the value of cadence is not writen down.

So, in strava it is assumed like the value was unchanged since the last known value and it keep showing it as straight line with the last RPM value.

Shouldn't OruxMap write zero at least the first time?

3- SOS E-mail

I've configured A SOS G-Mail acount. However, when I try to send a test message I always get an error message with "Wrong mail"

However I got a message from GMAIL asking me about change a setting. So password is correct.

I change the app setting but I still get the same message.

4- Error after instalation

When I start the beta version aftr first instalation I get an error similiar to something like "Preference.xml could not be inflated".

I uninstalled, removed previous oruxmaps folders (Both SD and Phone storage) to have a clean install but still got the same error.

Thank you.

Thanks!

1.-Now Strava does not allow select public/private individually. You can change the default upload mode in Strava website.

2.-I will check. Not sure if the app receives a zero value.

3.-You have to authorize in gmail external email sending.

4.-I will check.

orux

PTJoe

Thank you.

1- Yes, I got that. If Strava doesn't support it any more, maybe you can remove the dropbox so that people not expect it to be possible to be set during the upload.

3- My fault. Maybe I was changing the wrong e-mail. I re-check the "Less secure apps" was turned off. So I enabled it and now it works. Thanks