Certain POIs visible in BaseCamp, but not Oruxmaps

Started by luminal101, July 08, 2015, 06:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luminal101

I'm new to Oruxmaps, so this might be a stupid question...

I have bought a GPS map from Tracks4Africa. Using MapInstall, i have installed it onto an SD card, and then copied the gmapsupp.img file to /oruxmaps/mapfiles on my Galaxy 4.

So far so good. When i compare the map in BaseCamp (on my iMac) to the one in Oruxmaps, then they are almost identical. The only thing that is missing in Oruxmaps are 'Hospital' POIs (which could be quite helpful sometimes...). All other kinds of POIs (ATMs, Hotels, Restaurants, etc.) are displayed normally.

What's so special about 'Hospital's, and how can i display them in Oruxmaps?

Thanks!

orux

Quote from: "luminal101"I'm new to Oruxmaps, so this might be a stupid question...

I have bought a GPS map from Tracks4Africa. Using MapInstall, i have installed it onto an SD card, and then copied the gmapsupp.img file to /oruxmaps/mapfiles on my Galaxy 4.

So far so good. When i compare the map in BaseCamp (on my iMac) to the one in Oruxmaps, then they are almost identical. The only thing that is missing in Oruxmaps are 'Hospital' POIs (which could be quite helpful sometimes...). All other kinds of POIs (ATMs, Hotels, Restaurants, etc.) are displayed normally.

What's so special about 'Hospital's, and how can i display them in Oruxmaps?

Thanks!

Hello;

Sorry, but garmin format isn't well known.

May appear artifacts or problems like the one you comment.

orux