Unable to center map at GPS position (GPS Tracking problem?)

Started by klangmeister, July 29, 2015, 11:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klangmeister

Hi all,

not sure whether this is a bug or I'm too dumb: I have been using OruxMaps on a Moto G 2014 with offline maps (New Zealand), and it's been fine.

Now I'm trying the same on a Oneplus One with new maps (Germany) and I can't get OruxMaps to center the map at my GPS position.  What do I need to do to achieve this?  I have tried the crosshair symbol to set GPS tracking on, and nothing happens (not even a GPS status indicator on the screen't status bar on top).

When I start dragging the map position with my finger, GPS tracking switches itself off as indicated by a popup message.  Then a few seconds later, it comes back on, but still does not snap back to my current location.  Every other app has me located within a few meters in seconds.  

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

orux

Quote from: "klangmeister"Hi all,

not sure whether this is a bug or I'm too dumb: I have been using OruxMaps on a Moto G 2014 with offline maps (New Zealand), and it's been fine.

Now I'm trying the same on a Oneplus One with new maps (Germany) and I can't get OruxMaps to center the map at my GPS position.  What do I need to do to achieve this?  I have tried the crosshair symbol to set GPS tracking on, and nothing happens (not even a GPS status indicator on the screen't status bar on top).

When I start dragging the map position with my finger, GPS tracking switches itself off as indicated by a popup message.  Then a few seconds later, it comes back on, but still does not snap back to my current location.  Every other app has me located within a few meters in seconds.  

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Hello;

if you see a hand in the top-left status bar, then the GPS does not move the map. There is a toggle button (right side buttond bar) tho change that option.

orux

klangmeister

Hi Orux,

Thanks for your suggestion!

"Look ma, no hands" ;-)

http://1drv.ms/1hpC1Hu">

http://1drv.ms/1hpC1Hu">Screenshot

Well - no hand symbol was visible.  I uninstalled and then re-installed OruxMaps, this has fixed this particular issue.

Best regards, Roman