GPS signal lost warning and SOS SMS process handling

Started by brother, December 07, 2019, 05:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brother

I use the SOS SMS option (btw, one of the best features in Oruxmaps). I configured a 30 min. interval.
As my GPS tends to block itself sometimes as already posted some time ago, I managed somehow to active a warning when GPS signal is lost. I say "somehow" because I cannot understand clearly some items descriptions, sorry :-(

Now, every time GPS signal is lost, I can clearly hear the sound and when get the phone from my backpack pocket I see the full screen SOS message sending warning. It says it will send the SMS in 0:00 and offers to cancel it.

So, from this two things seem wrong to me:

• Starting the send SOS message as soon as GPS is lost.
  • Showing a 0:00 countdown.

Maybe I have something misconfigured.

I would like to have a GPS signal lost warning and another warning (not the same, time-configurable) when about sending the SMS.
F.e.: warns when GPS is lost and keep warning every 30-60 secs while it is lost. Warn differently 5 min. before sending SMS.

Also, it would be great if adding another channel for warnings could be possible (like e-mail).

Regards.

orux

Quote from: brother on December 07, 2019, 05:33:49 PM
I use the SOS SMS option (btw, one of the best features in Oruxmaps). I configured a 30 min. interval.
As my GPS tends to block itself sometimes as already posted some time ago, I managed somehow to active a warning when GPS signal is lost. I say "somehow" because I cannot understand clearly some items descriptions, sorry :-(

Now, every time GPS signal is lost, I can clearly hear the sound and when get the phone from my backpack pocket I see the full screen SOS message sending warning. It says it will send the SMS in 0:00 and offers to cancel it.

So, from this two things seem wrong to me:

• Starting the send SOS message as soon as GPS is lost.
  • Showing a 0:00 countdown.
Maybe I have something misconfigured.

I would like to have a GPS signal lost warning and another warning (not the same, time-configurable) when about sending the SMS.
F.e.: warns when GPS is lost and keep warning every 30-60 secs while it is lost. Warn differently 5 min. before sending SMS.

Also, it would be great if adding another channel for warnings could be possible (like e-mail).

Regards.

Hello!
There is a 'lost GPS warning' under global configuration-->TTS/Sounds-->notify for no GPS signal.
There were a bug in the contdown, but I think you can cancel the alarm 30 seconds. Which version do you use?

orux

brother

Hi,
Sorry notification on replies were disabled...
v.7.4.22 here

I've seen this option, don't know if the same you're referring to:
Config>Avisos voz/sonidos>GPS>Aviso fallo GPS

I defined the sound alert in "Sonido Aviso fallo Gps" but the check in "Aviso fallo GPS" is actually unchecked. I don't understand the "x4 veces mínimo tiempo" text.

Regards.