Three issues - would it help if I switch to the Beta?

Started by Growltiger, October 25, 2015, 05:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Growltiger

I am new to OruxMaps and I think is is wonderful - many thanks.

I have three problems/issues/suggestions and what I would like to know is whether I should switch to using the beta - have any of these been corrected in the beta?

1. I have lots of waypoints, and even if I configure it to display them as blue dots they cover up a lot of the map. Is there now a way to toggle the display of all waypoints on and off?

2. When I delete a waypoint from the database, it remains displayed on the map, even if I stop the program and start it again.

3. I have configured it for OSGB - the British Grid, and that lets me display the location like that and to see a Waypoint's location displayed like that. But when I create a new waypoint there is no way to enter the location as a British Grid (OS) reference. Here in England/UK we use the British Grid a lot and need to be able to set up waypoints using our grid system.

Thanks again.

6745th@web.de

With latest beta:

2.: same behaviour(bug), but you can delete a wpt. Hide all,  display all

3.: only degree, utm, Swiss grid, mgrs

you can install the beta in parallel to the store version and test your self.

For me the beta is always much better. Currently eg the new mapforge engine.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

Growltiger

Quote from: "6745th@web.de"With latest beta:

2.: same behaviour(bug), but you can delete a wpt. Hide all,  display all

k

Please, what do you mean by Hide all, display all? Do you mean there is now a feature to hide all waypoints (like my first question?)

6745th@web.de

Quote from: "Growltiger"
Please, what do you mean by Hide all, display all? Do you mean there is now a feature to hide all waypoints (like my first question?)

Not with an one button function...

But when you have wpts displayed->

Menu bar,  highway symbol, "remove"

Now all wpts and routes are removed from the map.

After that you can display you're waypoints again as usual.

Growltiger

OK I have installed the beta.

I think I have it partly worked out - please tell me if this is right.

To show waypoints on the map go to Waypoint menu, Manage. Tick next to some waypoints. Press the bottom left button that shows a pin in a map.

To remove waypoints from map go to Route menu, press Remove.

It doesn't seem very clear what is happening. It seems that adding the waypoints is to make a route, not just to see them, but I don't know how one would set the order? And I can't see how to remove just one waypoint from a route?

6745th@web.de

Quote from: "Growltiger"
To show waypoints on the map go to Waypoint menu, Manage. Tick next to some waypoints. Press the bottom left button that shows a pin in a map.

At that point there are at the top right, two buttons to select or unselect all at once.

To create a new route I use the route symbol in the menu , than create...

Now I draw the route.

But I don't do this often, only short routes. The most routes I create online with gpsies than export a gpx file. This I import in om. That's easier.

Good luck,

Thomas