Install links for several items at once

Started by eartrumpet, May 21, 2020, 08:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eartrumpet

Hi Orux,
we at OpenAndroMaps are offering POI-databases since some time, and those have been included in the map download for a while, too. Now Christian also offers special POI databases for other apps, and it doesn't make much sense to include all databases with the map file.
It would be great if you could enhance the android intent link "orux-map://" in a way that several zip files can be downloaded and installed; e.g. with a delimiter like "&", for example:
orux-map://download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps.zip&download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps-POIs.zip
This would download both Alps.zp and Alps-POIs.zip and unpack them in the maps folder.
Best regards,
Tobias

orux

Quote from: eartrumpet on May 21, 2020, 08:34:08 PM
Hi Orux,
we at OpenAndroMaps are offering POI-databases since some time, and those have been included in the map download for a while, too. Now Christian also offers special POI databases for other apps, and it doesn't make much sense to include all databases with the map file.
It would be great if you could enhance the android intent link "orux-map://" in a way that several zip files can be downloaded and installed; e.g. with a delimiter like "&", for example:
orux-map://download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps.zip&download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps-POIs.zip
This would download both Alps.zp and Alps-POIs.zip and unpack them in the maps folder.
Best regards,
Tobias
Thanks;
Yes, I can add support to multiple downloads in a single url. But maybe with a bit different structure, to avoid problems with special characters, or when the path to a single map includes one of them, like orux-map://mi_example_website.com?zone=europe&lang=es&map=spain

orux-map://download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps.zip?orux-map=download.openandromaps.org%2FmapsV4%2Feurope%2FAlps-POIs.zip
or
orux-map://download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps.zip?orux-map=download.openandromaps.org%2FmapsV4%2Feurope%2FAlps-POIs.zip&orux-map=download.openandromaps.org%2FmapsV4%2Feurope%2FAnother-Map.zip

The first one means

one map to download: download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps.zipanother map: download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps-POIs.zip
The second one means:
one map to download: download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps.zipanother map: download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Alps-POIs.zipanother map: download.openandromaps.org/mapsV4/europe/Another-Map.zip
Encoding the new urls as parameters with key orux-map, and encoding the special characters (like '/').
I can safely remove 'orux-map' url parameters (if there is).

what do you think?

orux

eartrumpet

Thanks! Sounds good, and might even be backward compatible (for the non-GP version).

orux

Quote from: eartrumpet on July 09, 2020, 11:24:11 AM
Thanks! Sounds good, and might even be backward compatible (for the non-GP version).

OK, I will add that option in next version

orux

eartrumpet

Quote from: orux on July 09, 2020, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: eartrumpet on July 09, 2020, 11:24:11 AM

OK, I will add that option in next version

Great, thanks a lot!

eartrumpet

Is this added to the latest beta? I tried it, but it doesn't download anything - not the first nor the second file. But when I click on the link with the current GP version, it downloads the first file without problems - so backward compatibility ist working :-)

orux-map://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/mapsV4/europe/UK_IsleOfMan.zip?ftp.gwdg.de%2Fpub%2Fmisc%2Fopenstreetmap%2Fopenandromaps%2FmapsV4%2Feurope%2FFaroeIslands.zip