update deletes all files

Started by jmnorvell, June 12, 2020, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmnorvell

This is so frustrating and so different from any other app on my phone. Every single time Orux updates, it erases every single file in the directory: profiles, map files, tracklogs, everything. I back up regularly, but I lose valuable information every single time. I still like this app, but this is getting super annoying.

orux

Quote from: jmnorvell on June 12, 2020, 04:52:26 AM
This is so frustrating and so different from any other app on my phone. Every single time Orux updates, it erases every single file in the directory: profiles, map files, tracklogs, everything. I back up regularly, but I lose valuable information every single time. I still like this app, but this is getting super annoying.

If you use a storage optimizer, like clean master, ES explorer, or similar you must configure it so that it does not delete the oruxmaps folders.
Some devices, like Xiaomi or Samsung include a storage optimizer, you have to configure it in the same way.

orux

jmnorvell

I don't run anything like that. I have a Pixel 3a. Maybe something like that is running without my knowledge.

The most recent upgrade. to 8.0.3 , did not clobber the files, which is good.  I'm backing up more frequently now, which is also good.  :D

orux

Quote from: jmnorvell on June 30, 2020, 09:01:30 PM
I don't run anything like that. I have a Pixel 3a. Maybe something like that is running without my knowledge.

The most recent upgrade. to 8.0.3 , did not clobber the files, which is good.  I'm backing up more frequently now, which is also good.  :D
Hello!
Check your device, storage settings, sure there are one of them.
Unfortunately, phones are getting smarter and smarter, and they do things for us without our permission. Even if you give permission to some things, sometimes they take liberty not to apply them, for our sake ...

orux