Grupo y Canal OruxMaps

Started by afgb1977, July 03, 2020, 05:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afgb1977

Hola a todos.
Desde hace unas semanas cree un grupo y un canal en Telegram para intercambio de información y descarga de archivos relacionados con OruxMaps.
En el canal hay enlaces a diferentes páginas que contienen archivos útiles para OruxMaps (Archivos DEM, mapas offline...)
RenderThemes para MapsForge y archivos .typ para Mapas Garmin (.img).
También he subido un archivo onlinemapsources.xml muy completo.
Los invito a visitar el grupo y el canal.

GPS OruxMaps 💬
Contact and support group for OruxMaps users. 🌎🌍🌏
https://t.me/OruxMapsGPS

GPS OruxMaps 📺
Unofficial OruxMaps Broadcast Channel.
https://t.me/OruxMapsGPSChannel

Franchu

Barbances

Quote from: afgb1977 on July 03, 2020, 05:22:01 AM
Hola a todos.
Desde hace unas semanas cree un grupo y un canal en Telegram para intercambio de información y descarga de archivos relacionados con OruxMaps.
En el canal hay enlaces a diferentes páginas que contienen archivos útiles para OruxMaps (Archivos DEM, mapas offline...)

GPS OruxMaps 💬

GPS OruxMaps 📺
Gracias.

Barbances

Quote from: Barbances on October 28, 2020, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: afgb1977 on July 03, 2020, 05:22:01 AM
Hola a todos.

GPS OruxMaps 💬

GPS OruxMaps 📺
Gracias.
Vamos a darle un empujón y sea mas visible, porque éste grupo también merece la pena.

LaurentG

Why to do all this stuff in Telegram, rather than to publish it here, in the official, public, shared and transparent forum ????

Juvan1

QuoteWhy to do all this stuff in Telegram, rather than to publish it here, in the official, public, shared and transparent forum ????
Ok with that, one forum is more convenient than split information between media and you need to log in twice

Barbances

Quote from: Juvan1 on May 11, 2021, 01:15:55 PM
QuoteWhy to do all this stuff in Telegram, rather than to publish it here, in the official, public, shared and transparent forum ????
Ok with that, one forum is more convenient than split information between media and you need to log in twice

Hola no estoy de acuerdo, en el grupo de telegram, se habla de cosas más especificas y avanzas más en el nivel de manejo de Oruxmaps. Esto no quiere decir que se abandone el foro para aclarar ciertas dudas

LaurentG

Quote from: Barbances on May 22, 2021, 02:38:45 PM
.. en el grupo de telegram, se habla de cosas más especificas y avanzas más en el nivel de manejo de Oruxmaps...
I've never said that infos were more or less accurate in the forum or in Telegram.

I just say, and I maintain my position, that since this "official forum" exist and is very "active", it is completely stupid to have created a kind of doubloon of it in Telegram.
It' would have been a lot and a lot more intelligent, useful, and efficient for everybody,  to share all these "cosas más especificas y avanzas más en el nivel de manejo de Oruxmaps" here, in the "official" forum.

And it seems I'm not alone to think so. At least Juvan1 seems to agree with me...

afgb1977

Quote from: LaurentG on May 23, 2021, 08:54:35 PM
Quote from: Barbances on May 22, 2021, 02:38:45 PM
.. en el grupo de telegram, se habla de cosas más especificas y avanzas más en el nivel de manejo de Oruxmaps...
I've never said that infos were more or less accurate in the forum or in Telegram.

I just say, and I maintain my position, that since this "official forum" exist and is very "active", it is completely stupid to have created a kind of doubloon of it in Telegram.
It' would have been a lot and a lot more intelligent, useful, and efficient for everybody,  to share all these "cosas más especificas y avanzas más en el nivel de manejo de Oruxmaps" here, in the "official" forum.

And it seems I'm not alone to think so. At least Juvan1 seems to agree with me...

Hello LaurentG.
The Telegram group was created with the idea of ​​making OruxMaps more accessible to novice users.
Today we have 427 members among novice, intermediate and advanced users.
It is not "stupid" the creation of the group. Many people are not aware of the official forum.
It is an unofficial group created to share tips and files between OruxMaps followers.
The group does not intend to be an alternative or replacement to the Official Forum, it is only a group derived from the forum to make the use of OruxMaps more accessible to people who find it very complex to use it. and that they did not find the answers to their questions in this forum or that they do not know this forum or that they did not know where to look for answers.
Among the members of the group we have users who do incredible things with OruxMaps, from its integration with OSM (forms, editions, creation of Tracks that are uploaded to the OSM database ...), integration with different sports (marine sports, MTB, Trekking, Hiking, climbing, mountaineering, 4x4, enduro...), GIS Basic (drawing layers, polygons, WP ...), integration with other platforms (Google, OSM ...) and much more. (We have an "Indiana Jones" style explorer who uses OruxMaps to search, explore and document archaeological sites in Mexico).
Files are shared to improve the use of OruxMaps (RenderThemes, .typ, onlinemapsources.xml, wms_services.xml, orux_intents.xml...) and files from other App's to improve the use of OruxMaps. In the last week the general topic of conversation revolved around BRouter's routing profiles (profiles for MTB, Enduro, Trekking SAC 1-6, Hiking...).
Bug reports for the Betas versions have emerged from our group and also suggestions for new functions that have been implemented in the last Betas.
I chose Telegram for the ease of sharing files and multimedia and the answers are almost immediate (we understand that José is very busy developing OruxMaps and running this forum and  that he may not have time to answer everything).
I understand your position, but please don't call something you don't know "Stupid".

Felipe

LaurentG

Quote from: afgb1977 on May 23, 2021, 10:29:44 PM
I understand your position, but please don't call something you don't know "Stupid".

I never said that what is content in Telegram is stupid, it is the fact itself it is in Telegram rather than here that is stupid.
And this fact is something I know....

I'm convinced that Telegram's group content is really valuable : this is for me one more reason to have it in the forum  ;)

...or that they do not know this forum...
How could they know Telegram's forum if they do not have seen it exist, here in the official forum ?
I'd like to understanf how it's easier to find answers to his questions elsewere than in forum directly linked to official website of OruxMaps  ???

You are free to do what you want, but you are really not credible in your asumptions....

Barbances

Quote from: LaurentG on May 24, 2021, 09:25:09 AM

I never said that what is content in Telegram is stupid, it is the fact itself it is in Telegram rather than here that is stupid.
And this fact is something I know....

I'm convinced that Telegram's group content is really valuable : this is for me one more reason to have it in the forum  ;)

...or that they do not know this forum...
How could they know Telegram's forum if they do not have seen it exist, here in the official forum ?
I'd like to understanf how it's easier to find answers to his questions elsewere than in forum directly linked to official website of OruxMaps  ???

You are free to do what you want, but you are really not credible in your asumptions....

No hay nada que creer, esto no se trata de fé.

Tronpo

Muy buenas,soy miembro (activo)del citado grupo de telegram,y es un orgullo formar parte de ello,en ningún momento se pretende separar ni eclipsar el foro (soy miembro del foro desde hace poco),la base del grupo es ayudar y solucionar todas las dudas y problemas sobre esta impresionante app,por desconocimiento del foro o por comodidad de las app de mensajería es más fácil de encontrar para muchos el grupo de telegram que este foro.
La ventaja del grupo sobre el foro es que Telegram soporta una cantidad de recursos (videos, fotos ,enlaces)muy superiores a las del foro,las   cuales  nos facilitan el entendimiento y la exposición de problemas y soluciones.
Unido a casi una instantánea respuesta grupal a cualquier consulta,con una retroalimentación directa en la comunicación.
La única desventaja del grupo es que no cuenta con la presencia directa de este genio que es José,pero su trabajo es nuestra motivación.
Sin más te animo a que te unas al grupo 😉 y disfrutes de nuestra pasión por Oruxmaps.