New beta version 8.2.x [CLOSED]

Started by orux, January 06, 2021, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenz

Hello Orux,
I noticed that the 'follow route' button in the context menue of a waypoint (e.g. starting point) does not start the 'follow route' mode in RC5.

Regards
Lenz

paoloianes

Hi Orux,
during my workouts I record my track with Sports Tracker and Orux at the same time.
As a source of the location data, I use the internal GPS sensor of my Huawei (P20 Pro). For both apps, I have disabled the automatic shutdown and the various battery saving functions, so that the phone cannot close them.
But it seems that this did not work for Orux. In the last month I have noticed that Sports Tracker constantly and correctly records the track (compared to the theoretical measures the error is about 4%). Orux, on the other hand, often stops recording. For this reason the track is about half shorter. I also set the option related to how the mobile phone is positioned (vertical or horizontal) to horizontal (I noticed that if the option is set to "vertical phone" but the phone is kept up side down, then the recording stops every time the screen is turned off.
I would like to understand better how this option relating to the horizontal or vertical position of the phone works.
Above all I would like to understand why, all things being equal (same phone, same GPS data, same battery saving options, etc.), only Orux - and not Sports Tracker too - stops recording the track every few minutes.

Agus

Quote from: paoloianes on August 14, 2021, 06:31:37 PM
Hi Orux,
during my workouts I record my track with Sports Tracker and Orux at the same time.
As a source of the location data, I use the internal GPS sensor of my Huawei (P20 Pro). For both apps, I have disabled the automatic shutdown and the various battery saving functions, so that the phone cannot close them.
But it seems that this did not work for Orux. In the last month I have noticed that Sports Tracker constantly and correctly records the track (compared to the theoretical measures the error is about 4%). Orux, on the other hand, often stops recording. For this reason the track is about half shorter. I also set the option related to how the mobile phone is positioned (vertical or horizontal) to horizontal (I noticed that if the option is set to "vertical phone" but the phone is kept up side down, then the recording stops every time the screen is turned off.
I would like to understand better how this option relating to the horizontal or vertical position of the phone works.
Above all I would like to understand why, all things being equal (same phone, same GPS data, same battery saving options, etc.), only Orux - and not Sports Tracker too - stops recording the track every few minutes.

Hola

Prueba ir a configuración global, después "sensores" y activa la casilla dónde pone "Proveedor de localizaciones fusionadas".

Haciendo eso a lo mejor le funciona bien.
Le mando captura de pantalla

paoloianes

Quote from: Agus on August 14, 2021, 06:52:59 PM
Prueba ir a configuración global, después "sensores" y activa la casilla dónde pone "Proveedor de localizaciones fusionadas".
Haciendo eso a lo mejor le funciona bien.
Le mando captura de pantalla

Thank you very much for the reply. Some time ago I have selected the option you specified.
Unfortunately, the problem has been the same.

orux

Quote from: paoloianes on August 14, 2021, 06:31:37 PM
Hi Orux,

Hello!
I have a p20 pro, with not problems about track recording.
Some users have reported that a reinstallation of the app was necessary for the power management to work normally again. Here's a lot of information on some troublesome phones:
https://dontkillmyapp.com/

orux

orux

Version 8.5 is on Google Play, there is already another thread about betas

orux