New beta version 8.0.x [CLOSED, NO BETA VERSION AVAILABLE]

Started by orux, August 03, 2020, 11:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperius

Hola ORUX,
first of all thanks for the work you are doing.
in the latest beta 8.0.5 beta5 the problem of the 3d map display remains as in beta4.
I ask for information, which perhaps for others will be trivial, on my device the 7.5.9 beta 43 version works wonderfully, without any bugs, the 3d rendering is perfect. Why won't it work in a short time? for how I use orux I would do without subsequent updates and keep this version forever, but it is not possible, I do not understand this, thanks.   :-\ :-\

Lenz

Hello Orux,

8.0.5 beta 5

+ 2D-rendering is as fast as it was before beta 4
+ the 'grid' is gone
- the 3D-map problem remains (crash after second start)
- i can confirm the compass problem posted here: https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=34780.msg0;boardseen#new

Xiaomi Redmi 4x, MIUI global 11.0.2

Imperius

Hello Orux,

8.0.5 beta 6

The 3D-map problem remains (crash after second start and bad rendering)  :'( :'(

orux

Quote from: Imperius on August 19, 2020, 10:06:43 AM
Hello Orux,

8.0.5 beta 6

The 3D-map problem remains (crash after second start and bad rendering)  :'( :'(

Thanks!
Try with last beta. It  will try to disable caching if the issue is detected.
orux

Imperius

ok, thank you so much for your work, now I try, but I don't understand why until version 7.5.9 beta 43 the 3d function worked wonders, better than google earth ;) ;)

6745th@web.de

compass bug is solved with beta7
;D

6745th@web.de

I just saw, that I can select the map for the thumbnails,  great.

works for new tracks,  but old tracks with black thumbnail stays black.

Imperius

Hallo Orux, great work. I tried on three different devices:
Galaxy Note II android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Huawei P8 android 6.0 Maschmallow
Galaxy SIV android 7.1.2 Nougat
In all three devices the 3D map display crash fixed.
The rendering is not resolved, slow, sometimes incorrect and with areas of the map displayed in white.
Still great job, many many thanks.

notbru

I can confirm  with beta7, Android10:
3D crash is fixed, rendering is good when starting 3D, but fails when scrolling, tilting, zooming: rendering at edges of tiles is not correct.

Another thing: option for interpolating heights, when using heights from DEM is missing. Is this option perhaps already included now, when heights from DEM is activated?

Saludos, notbru

Mapper-Alps12

Hola Orux,

I also can confirm the 3D bug in the latest beta.

While working with tracks and waypoints I got the following problem: when I work with custom POIs in my created subfolders in POI-folder and chose POIs of one of the subfolders (e.g. POIs out of subfolder "guideposts") and after that I open the track manager then the same custom POI-subfolder than chosen before in the POI-section appears instead of the standard track-folder where my tracks are saved. When I now chose the standard Tracks-folder and after that open the POI-Folder, then here also the standard POI-folder is shown and not the one chosen before.

I use oruxmaps for many years now but this is the first time I found this problem. Maybe it is possible to seperate the structures of the folders/subfolders in POI and Tracks... I hope you understand what I mean, in English it ist a bit difficult to describe.

edit: it may also be helpful to split the function "remove tracks/waypoints" in Routes folder to "remove waypoints" in POI folder and "remove tracks" in tracks folder. With this function it would be possible to remove the waypoints and leave the tracks or so on on the map.

Lenz

Hello Orux,

in V8.0.5 beta7 the weather symbols are missing  - there are just black squares.

Xiaomi Redmi 4x, MIUI global 11.0.2

notbru

Hello,
links for direct map-downloads (add maps/other sources) don't work.
They refer to file:///data/user/0/ .... and not to a correct URL.

regards, notbru

TonyM

Hello,
in "Trip computer viewer" in route recording mode it does not always display the data for "Sunset" (usually after multiple switching from "Trip computer ..." to the map and vice versa)?

Greeting.

Angel72

Buenos días Orux,

Petición de un ciclista que utiliza tu excelente aplicación:

Estaría genial que cuando se sigue un track, se pudiese visualizar en los "elementos del cuadro de mandos" la pendiente media (positiva o negativa) del kilómetro que se recorre en ese momento y de los dos siguientes kilómetros.

Me refiero a esto:

Si el km actual fuese el 39 que aparezca en pantalla 12.4%
Y lo mismo para el km 40 --> 10.4%
Y para el km 41 --> 8.6%

De esta manera, cuando seguimos el track, sabemos de antemano lo que nos vamos a encontrar en los 3 km siguientes del recorrido ya que la visualización es directa. Espero que se haya entendido lo que pretendo explicar :)

Un saludo y muchas gracias.

Ángel.

Andrea65

Hello Orux,
I don't know if it is bug or a wanted feature, however I have noticed that in the Trace Management Page only a few recorded activities have the red icon of Strava, on the top right area, even if are actually all synchronized with Strava.
In the attached screenshot you can see it on the activity dated 2020-08-27, however also the other 2 activities on top are perfectly synchronized in Strava.
Kind regards, Andrea