New beta 6.5.4 version

Started by orux, January 26, 2016, 08:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexass

Hi.

After the upgrade, from beta5 to beta7

Missing the sound changes in training zone (heart rate intensity %)

orux

Quote from: "lexass"Hi.

After the upgrade, from beta5 to beta7

Missing the sound changes in training zone (heart rate intensity %)

The beeps was changed by a voice message, because some interferences with another voice messages. do you not receive the voice message when changing training zone?

orux

lexass

Quote from: "orux"
The beeps was changed by a voice message, because some interferences with another voice messages. do you not receive the voice message when changing training zone?

orux

You can make a choice beeps or voice message?

I don`t use a voice message.

THX.

orux

Quote from: "lexass"

orux

You can make a choice beeps or voice message?

I don`t use a voice message.

THX.

Hello,

there are problems with beeps and voice messages, not yet ready.

Updated to beta8

orux

Holton181

A word of caution and a request to Orux!

I just installed the beta to compare a particular setting between it and donation v.6.5.0b.

After I was done with the comparison I uninstalled the beta version.

To my horror all my track-logs and custom way-points was gone!!!  :evil:

And I'm one of these guys NOT performing regular backups on important data...

If I'm lucky I have some of them still in my old phone, but then it will only be up until over two years ago when I swished to my present phone. Everything else after that is gone!  :cry:

Also my custom cursors, onlinemapsources.xml, map-styles, overlays and pictures was gone, but they can all be easily restored from elsewhere (keeping a copy of onlinemapsources.xml on my computer for editing purposes).

This "catastrophe" has never happen to me before, installing and uninstalling a beta.

At first I blamed Orux for this, but realized quickly I was the only one to blame.

What happen was that I also have the excellent ES File Explorer installed too. It is possible to configure ES to remove all associated files and folders for apps that are uninstalled, and that's what I had done... :(

Starting v.6.5.0b then recreated the folder structure but with all data missing. My offline maps and DEM files are stored on the external SD and was therefor not touched.

So, be aware when playing with the beta!

Now my request to Orux:

PLEASE make the beta completely independent of the official stable version, with its own file structure, to prevent nitwits like me to do mistakes like this!

It's a piece of cake to copy some files from the stable version to the beta, or in the preferences set the file paths to the stable version to get the same files to work with. But it's a pain in the a**, often impossible, to recover lost data due to mistakes like this.

And from my my part, I will try to be better on making backups every now and then... ;)

BR

/H

orux

Quote from: "Holton181"A word of caution and a request to Orux!

I just installed the beta to compare a particular setting between it and donation v.6.5.0b.

After I was done with the comparison I uninstalled the beta version.

To my horror all my track-logs and custom way-points was gone!!!  :evil:

And I'm one of these guys NOT performing regular backups on important data...

If I'm lucky I have some of them still in my old phone, but then it will only be up until over two years ago when I swished to my present phone. Everything else after that is gone!  :cry:

Also my custom cursors, onlinemapsources.xml, map-styles, overlays and pictures was gone, but they can all be easily restored from elsewhere (keeping a copy of onlinemapsources.xml on my computer for editing purposes).

This "catastrophe" has never happen to me before, installing and uninstalling a beta.

At first I blamed Orux for this, but realized quickly I was the only one to blame.

What happen was that I also have the excellent ES File Explorer installed too. It is possible to configure ES to remove all associated files and folders for apps that are uninstalled, and that's what I had done... :(

Starting v.6.5.0b then recreated the folder structure but with all data missing. My offline maps and DEM files are stored on the external SD and was therefor not touched.

So, be aware when playing with the beta!

Now my request to Orux]

Hello;

I think that the apps that remove files from other apps must be forbidden.

I also have suffered that problem, till I have removed ES Explorer.

There are other advantages if all the versions (free, betas and donate) share the same folder.

I was thinking in doing what you comment, but in more than 6 years, the beta app never has broken anything in the databases. And there are no more risk, because the app doesn't delete other files.

orux

Holton181

I respect and accept your decision to stay with present solution orux, even if I still hope you will change your mind some day.

Quercus.JB

:(  :(  a mi tambiĆ©n me ha pasado, lo he sufrido en silencio,  :cry:  :cry:

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

Maki

Quote from: "Holton181"Now my request to Orux:

PLEASE make the beta completely independent of the official stable version, with its own file structure, to prevent nitwits like me to do mistakes like this!

I feel your pain, but personally I think that for testing purposes it's just handy to be able to access the same database and maps from both beta and regular version without copying/moving stuff around all the time. People concerned about data loss should just avoid beta software, in general. It's called beta for a reason, even if I never experienced any data loss with Orux and regularly use the beta as a daily driver. I mostly keep the donate as a backup should the beta fail on the field.

Maki

Hi Orux, thanks for your work, especially immersive mode.

All testing done on a Moto X 2nd gen with Android 6.0

At the bottom is almost perfect. Dragging from bottom edge reveals the soft buttons, but you also scroll the map a bit. If possible map scrolling should IMHO be prevented. Not a big deal.

The top of the screen, even if usable, has a few problems:

1) The same described above. If possible avoid map scrolling when dragging down to reveal the notification bar

2) I think proper immersive mode (at least all other implementations I've seen) means that the notification bar is hidden automatically too. I know there is a separate setting, I'm not sure this is correct in terms of standard guidelines. May be handy for someone, however I think it should be the exception, not the norm. Not a big deal, again.

3) The top button bar has black keys and no red background, that's hard to see against some of my maps. I'd really like to have the standard red bar back again.

4) I use the auto-hide feature for the top button bar and find it difficult to show it, since I need to touch the very top of the screen. If possible make the sensitive area taller

5) When the menu bar is shown and notification bar hidden, if I drag from the top edge to show the notification bar menus are almost inevitably activated, and it's very easy to activate a command.

Aside from that I have a (hopefully) small feature request. I find zooming with gloves a bit too hard. Even when using capacitive fingers it's still clumsy. A good solution is a capacitive stick, but it has the drawback that you can't pinch zoom and I'm forced to use the buttons. The problem with buttons is that they can only jump a whole zoom level. Two solutions come to mind. Set a smaller gap for zoom buttons. Or enable double tap and drag like in Chrome or Google Maps.

Finally, I have yet to look properly into the new addon feature. Does it work for Mapsforge themes and/or offline downloadable maps too? I'm a bit in troubles right now, but I'd like to look into this feature soon.

Thanks again.

orux

Quote from: "Maki"Hi Orux, thanks for your work, especially immersive mode.

All testing done on a Moto X 2nd gen with Android 6.0

At the bottom is almost perfect. Dragging from bottom edge reveals the soft buttons, but you also scroll the map a bit. If possible map scrolling should IMHO be prevented. Not a big deal.

The top of the screen, even if usable, has a few problems:

1) The same described above. If possible avoid map scrolling when dragging down to reveal the notification bar

2) I think proper immersive mode (at least all other implementations I've seen) means that the notification bar is hidden automatically too. I know there is a separate setting, I'm not sure this is correct in terms of standard guidelines. May be handy for someone, however I think it should be the exception, not the norm. Not a big deal, again.

3) The top button bar has black keys and no red background, that's hard to see against some of my maps. I'd really like to have the standard red bar back again.

4) I use the auto-hide feature for the top button bar and find it difficult to show it, since I need to touch the very top of the screen. If possible make the sensitive area taller

5) When the menu bar is shown and notification bar hidden, if I drag from the top edge to show the notification bar menus are almost inevitably activated, and it's very easy to activate a command.

Aside from that I have a (hopefully) small feature request. I find zooming with gloves a bit too hard. Even when using capacitive fingers it's still clumsy. A good solution is a capacitive stick, but it has the drawback that you can't pinch zoom and I'm forced to use the buttons. The problem with buttons is that they can only jump a whole zoom level. Two solutions come to mind. Set a smaller gap for zoom buttons. Or enable double tap and drag like in Chrome or Google Maps.

Finally, I have yet to look properly into the new addon feature. Does it work for Mapsforge themes and/or offline downloadable maps too? I'm a bit in troubles right now, but I'd like to look into this feature soon.

Thanks again.

Thanks;

1.-I am going to add a top/bottom margin in immersive mode, to avoid that problem.

2.-I'm afraid that there are different implementations of immersive mode, depending on the device and/or android version. In one of my devices, the status bar becomes transparent. This is the best solution, I think. But I am going to add a new option to hide the status bar in that mode.

3.-I am going to add an option to keep the buttons bar color.

4.-It is a bug that should be OK in next version.

5.-Difficult to solve, if the buttons bar is not hidden.

I will explore new gestures for zooming.

The new addon feature is for all kind of maps.

orux

orux

Hello,

Updated the last beta to version9

orux

lexass

Updated the last beta to version9

Hello.

I still use Beta 5 ..

Do you expect a choice of beeps or voice message (heart rate intensity %)?

THX

Maki

Hi, tried Beta9 in the field during the weekend. Immersive mode works much better now.

Issues 1, 2, and 4 are perfectly fixed.

I don't see the option to have the button bar color (issue 4). Is that implemented yet?

About issue 5, i realize now that we can slide and release on the menu (like old style MacOS), while I always used it "windows style" (touch to open the menu and then touch again on the menu item). I suppose that an option to disable the "MacOS style" behavior  during immersive mode would solve the problem entirely.

I also noticed some erratic behavior with lateral buttons when hiding the sliders. I can't reproduce it exactly, but it looks like that the sensitive area isn't always shifted up properly/immediately when the menu bar disappears. I'll try to do some more tests, but maybe you have some clue.

Maki

orux

Quote from: "Maki"Hi, tried Beta9 in the field during the weekend. Immersive mode works much better now.

Issues 1, 2, and 4 are perfectly fixed.

I don't see the option to have the button bar color (issue 4). Is that implemented yet?

About issue 5, i realize now that we can slide and release on the menu (like old style MacOS), while I always used it "windows style" (touch to open the menu and then touch again on the menu item). I suppose that an option to disable the "MacOS style" behavior  during immersive mode would solve the problem entirely.

I also noticed some erratic behavior with lateral buttons when hiding the sliders. I can't reproduce it exactly, but it looks like that the sensitive area isn't always shifted up properly/immediately when the menu bar disappears. I'll try to do some more tests, but maybe you have some clue.

Maki

released new beta10 version.

added an option for issue 4.

about issue 5, I'll check if it is possible,

orux