Tweaked KML overlay not remembered after restart

Started by fir99, August 04, 2020, 08:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fir99

With version 8.0.5 GP I load an KML overlay and tweak (hide) some nodes (becoming red colored). When I restart the App the overlay is reloaded as expected and the hidden nodes are shown red, but the elements of the hidden nodes aren't hidden any longer.
My workaround is to unhide the hidden nodes and rehide it again. Then the elements of the hidden nodes will be hidden again.

orux

Quote from: fir99 on August 04, 2020, 08:54:57 PM
With version 8.0.5 GP I load an KML overlay and tweak (hide) some nodes (becoming red colored). When I restart the App the overlay is reloaded as expected and the hidden nodes are shown red, but the elements of the hidden nodes aren't hidden any longer.
My workaround is to unhide the hidden nodes and rehide it again. Then the elements of the hidden nodes will be hidden again.
Hello!

It should work;

how do you restart the app? Do you go to Android Home before?

orux

fir99

When I switch to other apps (using the home button or by scrolling the app history) and return to OruxMaps later, sometimes the splash screen and the initialization messages are displayed. The last KML overlay is reloaded and the hide state of the nodes (red colored) is remembered, but the hidden nodes are visible (not hidden).

I suppose OruxMaps will be quit in the background when Android needs more memory for the foreground app. This doesn't affect the track recording. My device: Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)

orux

Quote from: fir99 on August 11, 2020, 08:54:20 PM
When I switch to other apps (using the home button or by scrolling the app history) and return to OruxMaps later, sometimes the splash screen and the initialization messages are displayed. The last KML overlay is reloaded and the hide state of the nodes (red colored) is remembered, but the hidden nodes are visible (not hidden).

I suppose OruxMaps will be quit in the background when Android needs more memory for the foreground app. This doesn't affect the track recording. My device: Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)
Thanks;
I will check, but it is working fine in my devices.
Maybe you can share with me one of that files that does not work fine,

orux

fir99

Hi orux,

find attached the KML overlay file and screenshots of the tweaked overlay.

fir99

fir99

Hi orux,

with version 8.0.7 restoring the KML overlay works as expected again - many thanks!

fir99