Bug with screen off after notification waypoint approach

Started by ruudveld, February 01, 2016, 12:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruudveld

Hello,

I use Oruxmaps all the time with self-designed routes in which I use waypoints with names like 'Turn left/right' to signal me which direction to take without looking at the screen.

Sometimes the situation is complicated so that looking on the screen is necessary. I really liked the fact that the screen turns on when approaching a waypoint and also that the screen turns automatically off when the waypoint is passed.

Since the new update to version 6.5.0. however, the screen turns on when approaching a waypoint, but with my Samsung S3, it doesn't turn off again. Is this a known problem and will it be fixed. Or is there a new setting for it? Otherwise, I should install the old version again....

I thank you in advance for your reaction!

Kind regards,

Ruud Op het Veld

By the way: Oruxmaps is great!

orux

Quote from: "ruudveld"Hello,

I use Oruxmaps all the time with self-designed routes in which I use waypoints with names like 'Turn left/right' to signal me which direction to take without looking at the screen.

Sometimes the situation is complicated so that looking on the screen is necessary. I really liked the fact that the screen turns on when approaching a waypoint and also that the screen turns automatically off when the waypoint is passed.

Since the new update to version 6.5.0. however, the screen turns on when approaching a waypoint, but with my Samsung S3, it doesn't turn off again. Is this a known problem and will it be fixed. Or is there a new setting for it? Otherwise, I should install the old version again....

Kind regards,

Ruud Op het Veld

Thanks,

I will check that problem,

orux

ruudveld

Quote from: "orux"

Kind regards,

Ruud Op het Veld

Thanks,

orux

Thank you very much!

Do you have any idea in which version the problem will be solved?

I don't know how to install an old version of Orux next to the new version, so I am depending on you. Now my battery is running low at long rides when I don't press the screen off after every waypoint.

By the way, It worked beautifully in the previous version I was running...

Again thank you for your efforts!

Kind regards,

Ruud Op het Veld

Fito

Aha! It's not just me :) I thought I had some wrong configuration but could not figure it out.

orux

Quote from: "ruudveld"

Kind regards,

Ruud Op het Veld

Thanks,

orux

Thank you very much!

Do you have any idea in which version the problem will be solved?

I don't know how to install an old version of Orux next to the new version, so I am depending on you. Now my battery is running low at long rides when I don't press the screen off after every waypoint.

By the way, It worked beautifully in the previous version I was running...

Again thank you for your efforts!

Kind regards,

Ruud Op het Veld

Hello,

try the last beta you can find in the forum.

download the .apk file in your phone. Then click the file with your favorite file browser.

orux

ruudveld

Hello,

download the .apk file in your phone. Then click the file with your favorite file browser.

orux

I downloaded and installed the beta. Hopefully you solved the problem, I will be checking it out tomorrow and let you know!

Kind regards,

Ruud

ruudveld

Hello,

orux

I downloaded and installed the beta. Hopefully you solved the problem, I will be checking it out tomorrow and let you know!

Kind regards,

Ruud

Hello,

I have just completed a morning run using Oruxmaps to call waypoints for every turn that I have to make. The problem has not been solved, but it has changed.

I explain: the screen now is off and stays off when a waypoint is reached, it does however make a speech message reading the waypoint name.

What I would prefer, which was also the way it was before, is that the screen lights up when a waypoint is reached for a designated amount of time that preferrably can be set in the settings (this was never possible) and when the time limit has been reached turns off again or (and this is maybe better) the screen turns off again just after the waypoint has been reached. I believe this is the best solution and the most practical. I use Orux almost every day, so I know what is handy, many users will agree.

Thank you again in advance.

Kind regards,

Ruud

Fito

My vote is for the time out fade (with 0, 30, 60... sec options) Sometimes you need to check you took the right turn.

orux

Hello,

orux

Kind regards,

Ruud

Hello,

I have just completed a morning run using Oruxmaps to call waypoints for every turn that I have to make. The problem has not been solved, but it has changed.

I explain: the screen now is off and stays off when a waypoint is reached, it does however make a speech message reading the waypoint name.

What I would prefer, which was also the way it was before, is that the screen lights up when a waypoint is reached for a designated amount of time that preferrably can be set in the settings (this was never possible) and when the time limit has been reached turns off again or (and this is maybe better) the screen turns off again just after the waypoint has been reached. I believe this is the best solution and the most practical. I use Orux almost every day, so I know what is handy, many users will agree.

Thank you again in advance.

Kind regards,

Ruud

Hello;

Android is a headache about that, too much changes in last sdks.

It is working fine in my devices, check that you have selected 'settings--application--unlock screen automatically'

orux

ruudveld

Hello;

It is working fine in my devices, check that you have selected 'settings--application--unlock screen automatically'

orux

Oops, that setting was off. I didn't  remember that I ever set it to on and so when I installed the beta I didn't think of it. I also checked again, you solved it then:-) Great stuff! Orux really shows your skills, you're a very good designer and developer. Keep the good stuff going!

If you send me your bank account number IBAN and your name, I transfer you some cash via the bank. I use Orux a lot and I appreciate your work!

I have an idea for 2 features:

1. If the tripcomputer screen is active and a waypoint is reached, the map automatically shows (when this is set in the settings) and when the waypoint is passed, the tripcomputer shows again.

2. When a track is being recorded, turn wifi automatically off (when set in the settings) to save battery power. Turn wifi on again when recording track has ended.

What do you think of this?

Thanks again!

Ruud

orux

Hello;

orux

Oops, that setting was off. I didn't  remember that I ever set it to on and so when I installed the beta I didn't think of it. I also checked again, you solved it then:-) Great stuff! Orux really shows your skills, you're a very good designer and developer. Keep the good stuff going!

If you send me your bank account number IBAN and your name, I transfer you some cash via the bank. I use Orux a lot and I appreciate your work!

I have an idea for 2 features:

1. If the tripcomputer screen is active and a waypoint is reached, the map automatically shows (when this is set in the settings) and when the waypoint is passed, the tripcomputer shows again.

2. When a track is being recorded, turn wifi automatically off (when set in the settings) to save battery power. Turn wifi on again when recording track has ended.

What do you think of this?

Thanks again!

Ruud

Thanks, Ruud;

I need to check if it possible (an easy) ;)

orux

ruudveld

I just made a donation using paypal.