Cannot save to sd card Android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate

Started by mullenkamp, March 01, 2016, 08:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mullenkamp

As it is written in the title... I cannot save to the sd card even though it is in the android data folder in the orux maps specific folder. I also have the Donate version (which I guess is newer than the non-Donate version). When I try to add that folder to the Routes directory, it keeps telling me it cannot write to it and that I should assign a folder in the same location that I am already trying (the android data oruxmaps folder).

I am running Android 5. I didn't have this problem with the previous oruxmaps version.

Thanks.

orux

Quote from: "mullenkamp"As it is written in the title... I cannot save to the sd card even though it is in the android data folder in the orux maps specific folder. I also have the Donate version (which I guess is newer than the non-Donate version). When I try to add that folder to the Routes directory, it keeps telling me it cannot write to it and that I should assign a folder in the same location that I am already trying (the android data oruxmaps folder).

I am running Android 5. I didn't have this problem with the previous oruxmaps version.

Thanks.

With android > 5.0, the app can not write to another folder in the external storage.

I think it is working fine; check that you select the right folder (com.orux.oruxmaps/ or com.orux.oruxmapsDonate/) depending on the version you are configuring.

orux

mullenkamp

Thank you for the reply.

But it still does not work...

I have tried multiple times to to assign a directory within /storage/external_SD/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate/

It always says that there is an error that it cannot write to the directory. Is there any other setting that could be causing this problem?

Thanks.

heppu99

I had similar problem, and after doing factory reset and installing Oruxmaps again (first app install after lot's off automatic updates from Play), all works fine. I thing I might also forget to double tap the last folder level.

Eichhoernle

Quote from: "mullenkamp"Thank you for the reply.

I have tried multiple times to to assign a directory within /storage/external_SD/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate/

It always says that there is an error that it cannot write to the directory. Is there any other setting that could be causing this problem?

Thanks.

I'm facing the same issue running Android 5.1.

In the meantime I have tried everything:

- delete the app data

- uninstalled OruxMaps Donate

- delete the remaining OruxMaps folder in the main memory

- reinstalled OruxMaps Donate

But it is still not posible to change the storage folder of the app - neither Androiddatacom.orux.oruxmaps nor Androiddatacom.orux.oruxmapsDonate works?

Any ideas how I can move the maps to the SD Card?

Thanks

Eichhoernle

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problems running Android 5.1

I tried everything (deletion of the OruxMap Data, deinstallation of OruxMapsDonate, manual deletion of the OruxFolders from phone, formating of the SD card, usage of the folde oruxmapsDonate as well as oruxmaps) but I'm not able to move the map folder to the SD card....

Any suggestions beside reseting the phone - this is definitive not an option as than I will loose all old entries in the Google Calender and believe me it was hard enough to get back again the entries which are older than a few months when I moved from the old to the new phone....

orux

Quote from: "Eichhoernle"

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problems running Android 5.1

I tried everything (deletion of the OruxMap Data, deinstallation of OruxMapsDonate, manual deletion of the OruxFolders from phone, formating of the SD card, usage of the folde oruxmapsDonate as well as oruxmaps) but I'm not able to move the map folder to the SD card....

Any suggestions beside reseting the phone - this is definitive not an option as than I will loose all old entries in the Google Calender and believe me it was hard enough to get back again the entries which are older than a few months when I moved from the old to the new phone....

Strange.

When you install the app from fresh, the folder is created automatically by the app?

orux

Eichhoernle

@Orux

No I have to create the folder Android and the subfolders manual on my SD card.

Maybe this has to do with the fact that my phone (BQ Aquaris 4.5) treats the integrated memory as "sdcard0" and there the folder "android/data/com.orux.oruxmapsDonate" is created automatically when installing the app....

What is mo really strange, after not trying to get storage of maps on SD card working for days I'm this morning able to store maps on the external sd-card which is treated by my phone as sdcard1  :P

I have done the steps like I tried in the beginning, but the big difference was this time the phone was restarted - maybe the rebooting makes the difference? I don't know what ist the reason but I'm happy as it works as it should  :D I will observe if everythig runs also smoothly and report here