GPS hangs

Started by ruudveld, March 13, 2016, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruudveld

Dear Orux,

Today I was riding with the bike, of course with Oruxmaps. After a while I noticed it didn't warn for waypoints anymore. I checked and the map showed that the current position was the position I was in 10 minutes ago. The position was frozen and didn't move again.

I had this before. What I do then is go to Android settings, turn gps off, wait, and turn gps on again. This solves the problem.

Maybe this is not a problem of Orux but a problem with my phone? I have a Samsung S3. Does anyone have a better solution?

I thought I mention this here.

Kind regards,

Ruud

orux

Quote from: "ruudveld"Dear Orux,

Today I was riding with the bike, of course with Oruxmaps. After a while I noticed it didn't warn for waypoints anymore. I checked and the map showed that the current position was the position I was in 10 minutes ago. The position was frozen and didn't move again.

I had this before. What I do then is go to Android settings, turn gps off, wait, and turn gps on again. This solves the problem.

Maybe this is not a problem of Orux but a problem with my phone? I have a Samsung S3. Does anyone have a better solution?

I thought I mention this here.

Kind regards,

Ruud

Hello;

I don't know a solution, but OruxMaps can alert you about this. There is an alarm about that in configuration-->TTS/sounds.

orux

siedrosat

I have the same problem. Oruxmaps 6.5.0b don't work well on the kitkat 4.4. Downgrade to 6.0.10.

Bug: Gps hangs randomly, TTS wrongs caracters pronounced in italian.

siedrosat

Hi the issue is prensent on the version 6.0.10 too.

The gps hangs randomly.

This is example :http://i67.tinypic.com/xnytmc.png">

Configuration : http://i64.tinypic.com/2cxdco5.png">

Smartphome Mann 5S

Cpu Qualcomm M8926

Ver. Kitkat 4.4.2

Build L1072.4.01.14.ZX

The problem is only with oruxmaps with locus, runtastic ecc. work perfectly.

I try reset the smartphone without success.

Until last donate version 6.0.10 donate the problem isn't present.