SOS false positive how to diagnose? And SOS stops tracking

Started by coopso, March 17, 2016, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopso

Been using the app (and donated) for years now, thank you!

Last night I activated the new SOS feature for the first time. Unfortunately something must have gone wrong because the app sent an SOS while I was moving. Not sure if the GPS signal dropped or something else went wrong.

How could I diagnose the issue if it happens again? I'm reasonably technically competent.

Also may I ask why Orux stops tracking when an SOS has been sent? If a false positive is experienced then the user may not realise that the activity is no longer being tracked (I keep mine in my backpack when MTB-ing). Also in an SOS situation it might well be useful for the rescuer to have access to the rider's live position using the live tracking feature.

Without any insight into why Orux stops tracking I would prefer that Orux continues tracking when an SOS has been sent for the reasons above.

thanks!

orux

Quote from: "coopso"Been using the app (and donated) for years now, thank you!

Last night I activated the new SOS feature for the first time. Unfortunately something must have gone wrong because the app sent an SOS while I was moving. Not sure if the GPS signal dropped or something else went wrong.

How could I diagnose the issue if it happens again? I'm reasonably technically competent.

Also may I ask why Orux stops tracking when an SOS has been sent? If a false positive is experienced then the user may not realise that the activity is no longer being tracked (I keep mine in my backpack when MTB-ing). Also in an SOS situation it might well be useful for the rescuer to have access to the rider's live position using the live tracking feature.

Without any insight into why Orux stops tracking I would prefer that Orux continues tracking when an SOS has been sent for the reasons above.

thanks!

Hello,

Difficult to trace; did you have problems before with the GPS?

You can do a test: Start another gps tracking app (or two different versions of OruxMaps, market and beta version, for example). If you have another SOS alarm, you can check in the other app if there were problems with the GPS.

About why the app stops the GPS. I think that in these circumstances, if there has been an accident, it is critical to preserve the battery. The GPS consumes a lot of battery. Perhaps leave battery saving mode recording ... I will think about it.

orux