Error updating altitude

Started by skyhark, September 14, 2020, 12:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyhark

Hi
Appear "Error updating altitude" message when I want to correct altitude by Alternative service but if I use DEM files to correct is OK, sometime it can work, at first I seem is communication issue but it is same when I back to downtown. 

afgb1977

Quote from: skyhark on September 14, 2020, 12:08:07 AM
Hi
Appear "Error updating altitude" message when I want to correct altitude by Alternative service but if I use DEM files to correct is OK, sometime it can work, at first I seem is communication issue but it is same when I back to downtown.
The predefined online height correction service does not work. It is only a sample or guide of what you should do. You must open a free account on MapQuest, get an ApiKey and replace the predefined OruxMaps. You just need to change the ApiKey.
You can also use the BingMaps service. The 2 differ a bit:
MapQuest: GPX correction and up to 5 Waypoints.
BingMaps: Correction of up to 1024 Waypoints and some GPX files.

skyhark

Quote from: afgb1977 on September 14, 2020, 01:23:27 AM
Hi
The predefined online height correction service does not work. It is only a sample or guide of what you should do. You must open a free account on MapQuest, get an ApiKey and replace the predefined OruxMaps. You just need to change the ApiKey.
I use local correct service not MapQuest or others and that is work proper before, this error happened recently, I am sure that correct service and ApiKey is OK due to my friend is working and re-request ApiKey is same.

afgb1977

Quote from: skyhark on September 14, 2020, 03:49:24 AM
Quote from: afgb1977 on September 14, 2020, 01:23:27 AM
Hi
I use local correct service not MapQuest or others and that is work proper before, this error happened recently, I am sure that correct service and ApiKey is OK due to my friend is working and re-request ApiKey is same.
I use the online height correction services to obtain information beyond the coverage of my DEMs.