Using in offroad competitions

Started by brosky, September 15, 2020, 10:21:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brosky

Hi,

I'm using Oruxmaps as the main navigation / follow track on offroad competitions.

My problem is that the screen update is slow (compared to Locus, for example). I'm going with 40-50km/h following a track and I have a huge lag when the map is updated.
For example, at a crossroad, I have to wait 5-6 seconds for the cursor to reach my "real" position. I use a Samsung Note9 .

How can I increase the position refresh ?

Recon_sct

Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I have the same issue and its driving me crazy how slow the map moves.

SOKOL

Try this: Global settins>User interface>Miscellaneous UI>Move map instantly

brosky

Thank you all for the suggestions, with this new version is much better with :
- move map instantly
- keep cursor on bottom

However , the map moves once a second - I wonder if a smooth map update can be achieved as in OSMAnd or GuruMaps (where the map smoothly moves keeping you in the center of it)

SOKOL

I also use Orux driving, not in competition but I use it a lot, both on and offroad, and I find it quite smooth, I can't tell if the maps moves once a second or less. One question: When you say you are using OSM, you mean on line? If thats the case, you could try and donwload it for your country and try it offline, maybe it will run a little bit smoother.
Cheers