Android wear

Started by Tobsn, May 06, 2016, 11:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobsn

Quote from: "msev"So you want to get rid of it because you already have a heart rate sensor in your watch right? Not because of some issues from miband?...

No.  ;)

I was racing for years and always looking for heart rate, power, ...

These days my aim is more to discover news landscapes and just be out in the nature.

I just don't care about my heart rate, I want to see other information.

And that is why we need customisable data faces, everyone has his own aim and ideas.  :)

msev

Yes indeed :), I also like to discover new landscapes. Here orux is a great help for navigating to returning back :). I'm really interested what orux is planning for android wear :)

Tobsn

So, I testet it during some more bike rides.

What works with Android Wear is to control Orux Maps from the watch, like a remote control.  :)

- Start/Stop recording

- Set new waypoint

- Set new segment

What hast to be improved is displaying the information on the watch.  ;)

- Data watch fase does not go into ambient mode and uses to much battery.

- Notifications are not shown, while running Orux on the watch.

- Map is not usable.

As Summary:

At the moment I use th Orux extension on Android wear to start/stop the recording, and then close it on the watch to save battery and be able to receive notification.

msev

For me for hiking the map is already usable (I wouldn't want it being removed  ;) ). Would prefer if it would also show/draw the current track that I'm making. Otherwise for returning back its useful as a reference for where I walked.

So regarding the map orux please add current track drawing and if possible in the future also offline openandromap :P.

Tobsn

No, I also don't want the Android Wear support be removed.

It is already a big step in the right direction.

But Orux spoiled us with the great performance and features of the app for the phone.  8-)  8-)  8-)

FG1961

I will test the oruxmaps with the Sony SmartWatch 3 (SWR50).

I will report my experiences with my smartwatch.

Tobsn

Welcome.  ;)

A Hello from me up the Rhein from Mannheim.

Now we are 3 tester, the number of Android Wear users ist crowing rapidly.  8-)

msev

So sometimes when in map mode and when in ambient mode the dot which shows the position isn't shown. Its not such a problem because i know that my position is in the center of the watch. And when i tap it, or flick wrist so that it turns on backlight the position dot is again immediatly shown.

Its a great help to find that one is on the correct route. Also its nice that at least the map goes into ambient mode, so I can have the map always on.

Ooo hello third member! We are expanding rapidly  :D.

Would be nice to have and additional screen also with some arrow which shows in which direction the goal is + range to it. I tried some additional app, but it just wasn't up to oruxmaps standards :). Hehe

FG1961

I go hiking at october. so i need a good app on my smartwatch.

Show my position and my track on a map. Or on a 'White / Empty Map'

And ETE, ETA of my track.

And more important things

Especially the SOS/SMS-Button on my WATCH.

If the Tablet or Smartphone is in the backpack.

msev

It would also be nice to have altitude profile on the map and current altitude indicated. Also it would be nice to be able to load the track as route with some button automaticly so it shows on the map, or with voice command.

Tobsn

Quote from: "msev"It would also be nice to have altitude profile on the map and current altitude indicated...

Yes that would be nice.

Current altitude should be no problem and could be introduced with editable data fields.

An additional screen with altitude profile and the current position would be very, very nice  :D

Like on the Garmin Edge series where you can run courses with altitude information

http://www.scarletfire.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/9967.bmp">

Quote from: "msev"... Also it would be nice to be able to load the track as route with some button automaticly so it shows on the map, or with voice command.

I don't want to much functions and settings on the watch. I don't even see Orux as a standalone on the watch. For me the main settings have to be done on the phone, where the watch just displays some information transferred from the phone.

msev

I was just thinking so that I wouldn't need to put my phone out of the pocket or backpack. So everything of interest could be done via voice control or buttons. You know now if you want to have your latest trip as route you have to do it on the phone. Was thinking just about latest one, not to complicate with choosing between multiple ones.

What do you think?

FG1961

Start OruxMaps

load a track (Trackmanager)

Navigation option

-> Follow Route

and

-> Start GPS

OK

OruxMaps displays all necessary details. :)

:D TOP! :D

SmartWatch

Menu -> Map

1a) The current position is displayed  :)

1b) The current position is avlive til 'Ambient Mode' is displayed then stops updating  :o

1c) There is no track on the clock display  :cry:

1d) There is no waypoint (target) on the clock display.  :cry:

1e) Press and hold -> Exit

Menu -> P0 and P2

(P1 -> Track Recorder)

2a) The display P0 and P2 are approximately 15 seconds currently  :)

2b) then no longer updated  :o

2c) A long press -> Google Talk appear and back - wait> one second

2d) Alive for 15 seconds again

3) The SMS button missing  :cry:

@Tobsn
QuoteI don't want to much functions and settings on the watch. I don't even see Orux as a standalone on the watch. For me the main settings have to be done on the phone, where the watch just displays some information transferred from the phone.

I agree - Only the important things

- Map

- Track

- POI

- Speed

- Altitude

- Rest of the track

or

- Distance to POI

But first: Don't STOP / FREEZE or is this a usererror?

Sometimes P0 doesn't work

Depends on WHAT :?:

Sometimes P0 will stay alive without 'freezing'

Depends on WHAT :?:

Using an app you can fix a timeout for Ambient Modus

-> Maps will stay longer alive  :!:  

MY Hiking priority list

Priority A

1) Show map  :)

2) Show current location  :)

3) Show current track :)

4) Show POI (may be limited: 10)

5) Show an empty map (white map) :)

6) SMS - SOS - Button

Priority B

1) Speed :)

2) Altitude :)

3) Bearing :)

4) Track til Start :)

5) Track til End :)

6) Set WP :)

Priority C

1) ETE :)

2) SAT fix

3) Clock

4) POI List

5) Altitude Delta to aim

6) Track Alert -> Vibration

7) WP Alert -> Vibration

Best Regards

Frank

msev

Here is a glimpse what google is preparing for next iteration of the wear platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Z3gSXGsyI">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Z3gSXGsyI

Hopefully our older watches like my Sony Smartwatch 3 will get it too.

tuxman

Quote from: "FG1961"I will test the oruxmaps with the Sony SmartWatch 3 (SWR50).

I will report my experiences with my smartwatch.

I was thinking about buying this watch, how is your experience?