New beta version 8.2.x [CLOSED]

Started by orux, January 06, 2021, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YvanCB

Hello,
It's  so easy to create routes now with Brouter!
Incredible!
Thanks for this Orux.
Regards.

Lenz

Hello Orux,

saving created routes is quite inconsistent in Oruxmaps:
Whereas a manually drawn route (track/route tools - create route) is saved in the database automatically after creation, you don't even have the option to save a route made by route planners (BRouter, GraphHopper) in the database directly. The only way is to export it e.g. to a gpx file and import it into the database.

My suggestions:
After creation of a route (both manually and by route planner):
- ask if the route should be stored in the database
- do nothing but offer the option to store it in the database when hitting the start/end point of the route (I prefer this one.)

Regards
Lenz

Wollace

I like the new instant routing very much, thank you Orux.

Would it be possible to show the actual length of the route while "route searching"? Just like it is if you create the route "by hand"?

Lenz

Hello Orux,
thank you for implementing the option how a route will be saved (export/database) in "search route" mode. How about adding the same option to the "create route" function instead of saving a manually created route to the database automatically?

Regards
Lenz

Lenz

Hello Orux,

here's another suggestion for route planning:
Maybe you could add the possibility of continuing an existing route both with "search route" and manually "create route". If you choose to continue a route, the finishing point of the existing route will automatically be used as the first point of the prolongation.
This feature will be especially useful when you want to combine routes created by a route planner and manually created routes.

Regards
Lenz

tstreibl

Quote from: Lenz on May 12, 2021, 11:37:59 AM
Hello Orux,

here's another suggestion for route planning:
Maybe you could add the possibility of continuing an existing route both with "search route" and manually "create route". If you choose to continue a route, the finishing point of the existing route will automatically be used as the first point of the prolongation.
This feature will be especially useful when you want to combine routes created by a route planner and manually created routes.

Regards
Lenz

great idea. Maybe brouter itself will implement the combination of rout planning with straigt lines as a feature soon. see: https://github.com/nrenner/brouter-web/issues/68

paoloianes

Thank you very much Orux for adding the feature that draws the route every time an intermediate point is added and not only at the end of the whole route!

It's really a great progress. And so is the progressive length indication.
When Broute draws a route the waypoints are not always appropriate. Some turns and junctions remain without waypoints, but perhaps this is Broute's problem.

I am very interested in map styles. I noticed that the .xml file does NOT have to be loaded in the mapstyles directory but in maps, otherwise it is not read by the application. Is this also the case with ate or am I wrong?

Now two things in my opinion could be improved:
1) Touching the screen with 2 fingers shows the distance between the two points.
2) Making the popup more concise and clearer when tapping on a POI.

If you can see the screenshot I've attached: the info is really too much and makes it hard to read. For example: type; oms_id; leisure; coordinates; time are all data that could be omitted. The name and perhaps the type could be highlighted instead.

What do you think about them?

orux

Quote from: paoloianes on May 13, 2021, 04:54:54 PM
Thank you very much Orux for adding the feature that draws the route every time an intermediate point is added and not only at the end of the whole route!

It's really a great progress. And so is the progressive length indication.
When Broute draws a route the waypoints are not always appropriate. Some turns and junctions remain without waypoints, but perhaps this is Broute's problem.

I am very interested in map styles. I noticed that the .xml file does NOT have to be loaded in the mapstyles directory but in maps, otherwise it is not read by the application. Is this also the case with ate or am I wrong?

Now two things in my opinion could be improved:
1) Touching the screen with 2 fingers shows the distance between the two points.
2) Making the popup more concise and clearer when tapping on a POI.

If you can see the screenshot I've attached: the info is really too much and makes it hard to read. For example: type; oms_id; leisure; coordinates; time are all data that could be omitted. The name and perhaps the type could be highlighted instead.

What do you think about them?
Hello!

A new beta uploaded!

The map styles (only applies to mapsforge maps) must be in mapstyles folder. In mapfiles folder must be the maps and .poi databases. Maybe you talk about waypoints databases?

Maybe you can explain a bit what you mean with "Touching the screen with 2 fingers shows the distance between the two points.". I think it will be difficult to detect when you want to measure distances or they are two consecutive touchs.
About the popup when you tap a waypoint. The information you see there is the waypoint description. The app does not know the attributes and attribute names. "name", "type",... are attributes added by the waypoints database builder, but they are not a standard set of them. The app shows all of them.

orux

Juanjo

Hola Orux,

Gracias por esta nueva beta, me está empezando a gustar el nuevo menú lateral ese  :D
Aquí te pongo algunas observaciones hechas a bote pronto pero, por lo general, creo que esto va en la buena dirección.

- Las opciones del menú principal están mas separadas que antes pero aun se deberían de separar un poquito mas a mi gusto (y eso que tengo los dedos delgados ;-). Las de los submenus están igual de juntas que antes, deberían tener la misma separación que las del menú principal. Actualmente, en los submenus con pocas entradas (la mayoría) parece que están todas amontonadas ahí arriba

- En las opciones de tipo ON/OFF, ahora que se manejan con un switch, ya no es necesario poner Show/hide Lock/unlock etc. Basta con poner 'Lock screen', 'Show grid', ... Para la de 'Move map by hand/GPS' yo pondría 'Move map by hand' y debajo 'When GPS is active'

- El icono a la izquierda del menú debería de estar siempre alineado con este. Actualmente, cuando el menú tiene un comentario debajo, como en el caso de 'Seen area', el icono se centra y queda feo

- Idealmente, las opciones que se usan con mas frecuencia (claro que esto depende de cada cual) deberían ir por arriba en la lista. Aquí  intenté hacerlo con el menú 'Maps'

- Aunque parezca redundante, las opciones fijadas en la cabecera como 'Pronostico del tiempo', 'Computadora de viaje', ..., además de tenerlas ahí yo las pondría también en sus menús correspondientes, en cabeza de lista. Si no parece como que falta una opción en el menú.

Saludos

PD: para este tema, no sé si prefieres que se responda aquí o en el otro hilo. Si lo estimas necesario puedes mover el post.

paoloianes

I use many apps that show topographic maps, among them Oruxmaps is definitely the best!

In the Locus app, I saw two ideas that would be nice to have in Orux as well:

1) Measuring distances with two fingers. As you can see in the attached screenshot, when you place two fingers on the screen at the same time, two "lenses" are opened to precisely determine the start and end point of the measurement and a "red metric string" is drawn stretched between two red marks. In the middle the distance 8,9 km as the crow flies is indicated.

2) Showing the name of the POI. As you can see in the attached screenshot, when the pointer flies over a POI, or when you hold your finger still over a POI (you can choose the case in the options) a small window opens showing just the name of the POI, without too many other indications covering the screen.

japetus

With the latest betas I can not seem to be able to display a certain offline map I created with mobac from google maps featuring several omc2 tiles.
With the stable version 7.0.2 the map loads and displays correctly.

Agus

Hola Orux

A lo mejor ya se lo hizo saber un compañero del grupo OruxMaps de Telegram, Felipe. Estuvimos hablando sobre si se podría añadir en la pantalla de satélites de la computadora de viaje el poder descargar datos A-GPS como hace la aplicación GPS STATUS.

De momento encontré un fallo en la última beta que también existía en la beta21 con la nueva característica Interfaz Unificada. Cuando vamos a Configuración Global viene activada por defecto pero la pantalla principal sale en modo normal. Para que se vea la Interfaz Unificada hay que desactivar la casilla, dar marcha atrás a la pantalla principal , volver a Configuración Global y despues activar.de nuevo. No sé si es un error generalizado o de mi teléfono. Por lo demás de momento va perfecta.

Me sumo también a las dos sugerencias de Paoloianes de poder tener esas mismas opciones que existen en Locus.

Saludos

Juanjo

Hola Orux,

About the popup when you tap a waypoint. The information you see there is the waypoint description. The app does not know the attributes and attribute names. "name", "type",... are attributes added by the waypoints database builder, but they are not a standard set of them. The app shows all of them.

el tema este de la presentación de la información de los POIs ya se ha tocado mas veces por mi y por otros usuarios, por ejemplo aquí y aquí.

A mi juicio, este es probablemente el único aspecto donde oruxmaps va por detrás de otras aplicaciones similares. Por ejemplo, OsmAnd y Maps.me aquí lo bordan, presentan la información de una forma muy clara y basta un toque en la pantalla para llamar por teléfono a un restaurante o enviar un email etc. Locus tambien es superior en este aspecto.
Ahora bien, es verdad que las dos primeras aplicaciones están especializadas en OSM y Locus maneja sus propios POIs, lo que les da una ventaja en este aspecto, pero creo que oruxmaps podría sacar mucho mas provecho a la información que viene en la base de datos de POI de OpenAndroMaps.

Para hacernos una idea, la base de datos de España y Portugal contiene actualmente alrededor de 1300000 POIs. Ahí hay de todo, desde picos y volcanes hasta estaciones de carga para vehículos eléctricos pasando por bares, restaurantes, hoteles, comercios de todo tipo etc. Son estos últimos los que nos interesan aquí, pues suelen llevar asociada información de contacto como números de teléfono, email, ..., así como horarios de apertura. Mas cifras para estos aspectos, la base de datos contiene 69000 números de teléfono, 60000 enlaces a paginas web, 39000 enlaces a artículos de wikipedia, 18000 direcciones de correo electrónico e información sobre horarios de apertura de 44000 negocios de todo tipo.

Por último, todos los POIs llevan asociado un osm_id en el formato P/<osm_id> para los puntos, W/<osm_id> para las vías y R/<osm_id> para las relaciones. Con ese id se puede construir fácilmente un enlace a ese objeto en openstreetmap, por ejemplo el enlace del osmid=P/3021927218 seria https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3021927218, el de osm_id=W/4392583 https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/4392583 y el de osm_id=R/2928319 https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2928319

Saludos

paoloianes

Oruxmaps started out as an app for the purpose of recording the user's outdoor routes and allowing many different maps to be loaded.
Osmand, on the other hand, started out as a routing app and wants to make the most of the OMS data. Orux is much better with regard to the amount of maps you can load and how you can customise the map styles and user interface of the app (I really love the button sidebars).
Now that Oruxmaps has also very well developed routing features it would be nice to be able to take advantage of key/value POI fields like Osmand does, which is definitely but better in this feature as per the attached screenshot.

Agus

Quote from: Juanjo on May 15, 2021, 01:35:39 PM
Hola Orux,

el tema este de la presentación de la información de los POIs ya se ha tocado mas veces por mi y por otros usuarios, por ejemplo aquí y aquí.

A mi juicio, este es probablemente el único aspecto donde oruxmaps va por detrás de otras aplicaciones similares. Por ejemplo, OsmAnd y Maps.me aquí lo bordan, presentan la información de una forma muy clara y basta un toque en la pantalla para llamar por teléfono a un restaurante o enviar un email etc. Locus tambien es superior en este aspecto.
Ahora bien, es verdad que las dos primeras aplicaciones están especializadas en OSM y Locus maneja sus propios POIs, lo que les da una ventaja en este aspecto, pero creo que oruxmaps podría sacar mucho mas provecho a la información que viene en la base de datos de POI de OpenAndroMaps.

Para hacernos una idea, la base de datos de España y Portugal contiene actualmente alrededor de 1300000 POIs. Ahí hay de todo, desde picos y volcanes hasta estaciones de carga para vehículos eléctricos pasando por bares, restaurantes, hoteles, comercios de todo tipo etc. Son estos últimos los que nos interesan aquí, pues suelen llevar asociada información de contacto como números de teléfono, email, ..., así como horarios de apertura. Mas cifras para estos aspectos, la base de datos contiene 69000 números de teléfono, 60000 enlaces a paginas web, 39000 enlaces a artículos de wikipedia, 18000 direcciones de correo electrónico e información sobre horarios de apertura de 44000 negocios de todo tipo.

Por último, todos los POIs llevan asociado un osm_id en el formato P/<osm_id> para los puntos, W/<osm_id> para las vías y R/<osm_id> para las relaciones. Con ese id se puede construir fácilmente un enlace a ese objeto en openstreetmap, por ejemplo el enlace del osmid=P/3021927218 seria https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3021927218, el de osm_id=W/4392583 https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/4392583 y el de osm_id=R/2928319 https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2928319

Saludos
Hola Juanjo.

Desde Oruxmaps se puede acceder a PDI en los que se puede consultar la página web y llamar por teléfono.