Address search not working over the mobile data network.

Started by Gervin, June 19, 2016, 06:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gervin

Hi,

I have the following problem with Oruxmaps v6.5.9 (v6.5.7 showed the same problem):

The address search function does not work over the mobile data network. When I try to search an address, I always receive an error message after some seconds (something like "Processing error") and nothing is found.

As the problem does not occur with WLAN, I thought that there is a problem with my mobile internet connection, but I didn't find anything wrong. I have checked the following things:
  • The mobile network is available and mobile internet is accessible.

• Oruxmaps has access rights for mobile internet, but when I start an address search, the mobile data transfer indicator becomes not active. It looks as if Oruxmaps doesn't try to access mobile internet at all.

• I have understood that Oruxmaps obtains the GPS coordinates from Google. Thus I have tried the app "Geocode by address" that also obtains GPS coordinates from Google - it works without problems over the mobile internet.

• It doesn't make any difference if I allow mobile data access for several Google services (including Google maps) or not.

• It doesn't make any difference if I allow mobile background data or not.

So I am a bit helpless what else the reason for the problem might be.

I use an Huawei Ascend P7 phone with Android 5 and OruxMaps V6.5.9.

Any help is appreciated. Of course it is still possible that I have overlooked some setting.

Thanks,

Gervin

Gervin

After there has been no reply in 2 months, I wonder if I have made something wrong or didn't post this issue correctly.

Anyway, here is a summary of my earlier post plus some additional information:
[list=1]
    • I am using OruxMaps v6.5.10 and Android 5.1.1 on a Huawei Ascend P7.
    • The problem is that I can use the online address search only via WiFi but not over mobile internet.
    • When I start an address search, I receive always an error message though my mobile data connection works fine with all other apps.
    • I have activated mobile data for OruxMaps.

I hope that someone can help me to find the reason for the problem or at least give me a hint what else I could try.

Thanks,

Gervin