Is possible set up custom maps root dir?

Started by Bucky Kid, June 30, 2016, 09:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucky Kid

Hi, on new phone I'd like to share one maps storage on external sd card for more mapping applications.... I know Oruxmaps uses /sdcard/OruxMaps/mapfiles/ by default, but I prefer to save space in internal storage and use one common location on extSD instead - which is /storage/sdcard1/Maps/

I tried to walk through all preferences but didn't find anything like custom dir for naps. It'sa pity if the app can set up non-default dirs for other data like srtm tiles. Please advice how to make Oruxmaps scan that external location, thanks.

Sent from my phone by Tapatalk

eartrumpet

"Global settings" -> "Maps" -> "Maps directory" works for me.

escocia

I dont have the option to indicate the location  for the sd maps in my Oruxmaps.

How is this possible?

Bucky Kid

That's strange, I must be blind but I don't see the option in the category. What app version do you use?

I have available options Zoom options, Map orientation, Delay of automatic shift, Auto open maps, Reset caches,all....

eartrumpet

Quote from: "Bucky Kid"That's strange, I must be blind but I don't see the option in the category. What app version do you use?

I have available options Zoom options, Map orientation, Delay of automatic shift, Auto open maps, Reset caches,all....

Have you checked Global settings -> Advanced preferences?

Bucky Kid

Hehe I really didn't. I can't imagine how it could be turned off. Thanks, it's solved.