Deleting waypoints of some categories

Started by andrea2002, July 01, 2016, 12:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrea2002

Nice day to all!

I imported the waypoints about the "mountain refugees" and the "names of mountains" in Oruxmaps 6.0.10 for Android.

They were in two files .gpx

The importation is gone well. I see all my way points.

The problem is Oruxmaps is become very slow, the maps is characterized by abrupt stops and starts.

The zoom is very slow also. I think the problem is I imported 3.600 waypoints.

If there isn't a solution to solve this problem, I'd like to delete the "name of mountains" waypoints. I ask for if I must do this manually.

Did Oruxmaps make a "name of mountains" category (2.900 waypoints)?

May I deleted this category to delete all its 2.900 wayponts?

Thank you very much.

regards

Andrew

nurembergueso

Quote from: "andrea2002"Nice day to all!

I imported the waypoints about the "mountain refugees" and the "names of mountains" in Oruxmaps 6.0.10 for Android.

They were in two files .gpx

The importation is gone well. I see all my way points.

Are they still in two .gpx files? Where were they transferred?

Quote from: "andrea2002"The problem is Oruxmaps is become very slow, the maps is characterized by abrupt stops and starts.

The zoom is very slow also. I think the problem is I imported 3.600 waypoints.

Probably, yes  :shock:

Quote from: "andrea2002"If there isn't a solution to solve this problem, I'd like to delete the "name of mountains" waypoints. I ask for if I must do this manually.

If you moved two files ("mountain refugees".gpx and "name of mountains".gpx) to an oruxmaps subfolder and really want to delete the mountains can erase this file e. g. by a file explorer.

But you can also only remove all waypoints from the map (route icon > bin icon "Remove") and reload the "mountain refugees" sole.

Quote from: "andrea2002"Did Oruxmaps make a "name of mountains" category (2.900 waypoints)? ...

No, not by its own. OM only reads the file and displays the data on the screen but doesn't modify it.

Regards

Claus