Points on a map without a route

Started by vlotarev, August 30, 2016, 12:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vlotarev

Dear guru,

Could you please let me know whether is it possible just to permanently show some selected points on a map without creating a route, navigation, etc?

Thanks,

Vadim

orux

Quote from: "vlotarev"Dear guru,

Could you please let me know whether is it possible just to permanently show some selected points on a map without creating a route, navigation, etc?

Thanks,

Vadim

You can load a track/route/kml as map overlay.

Map overlays will be loaded always by default.

orux

vlotarev

Thank you for the response. The problem is that I do not have any routes ... Probably, my scenario of Orux usage is not very typical. I use it periodically to determine my current location and next direction (like compass but with ability to show me on the map where I am :-). Also from time to time I add way points of my interest. I do not add any routes, navigation, etc. as soon as all that make sense if application is always on what leads to heavy power consumption (mainly for GPS) - I am just trying to preserve power of my smartphone. What I need is just to be able to show on the map one or few way points that I added before next time when I start application in order to determine my current location.

If this is not possible in the current version may I request for the new feature?

skibum218

Have you tried to just add  waypoints to the map? You can turn your gps on,  just don't start recording.

It's the little push pin at the top of the screen and then click create. It will add a waypoint to your cursor's position.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

vlotarev

Sure I tried that - actually this is the way I am usually creating way points. They are showing some time but than disappeared (usually next day but I am not able to determine exact rules) ...