Stop recording track....

Started by Giox040, September 01, 2016, 08:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giox040

Hi!

Sometimes during my walks, I found that the recording of the track had stopped, perhaps because the screen was pressed while the smartphone was in the pouch.

I wonder if it were possible that the command to stop the recording of a track require some double confirmation, to avoid being cut unintentionally...

Thank you

skibum218

You could always put a lock on your screen, so if the screen is pressed it won't do anything to the app, although a lock screen can be a little annoying to some. Another option is once you start recording to go back to your phone's home screen. That way if buttons are pressed there is a really good chance it won't be on your recording. Although you would have to switch back to the app through the notifications to view your tracks, etc.

Just some thoughts

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Giox040

Quote from: "skibum218"You could always put a lock on your screen, so if the screen is pressed it won't do anything to the app, although a lock screen can be a little annoying to some. Another option is once you start recording to go back to your phone's home screen. That way if buttons are pressed there is a really good chance it won't be on your recording. Although you would have to switch back to the app through the notifications to view your tracks, etc.

Just some thoughts

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi skibum218!

you are right but they are annoying operations. For this reason, when I use oruxmaps, I delayed the smartphone's lock time.

I think a double confirmation, maybe configurable, for stops the recording of a track, can be more comfortable.