Elevate - Openandromaps hiking, cycling, sightseeing themes

Started by eartrumpet, January 17, 2014, 11:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeF

Elevate_Winter on OruxMaps AM
Good morning, I have both OruxMaps GP on my smartphone and OruxMaps AM on my Windows 11 PC purchased with Amazon Appstore.
The Elevate 5.3.1 theme shows the altitude contour lines but the ski slopes appear in light blue, almost invisible. With the default theme the ski slopes appear colored according to the difficulty "easy", "intermediate", "advanced", etc. , but the level curves disappear.
On this site I found the theme "Elevate_Winter":
https://www.senotto.de/Tipps_Tricks/GPS/OAM_Winter/OAM_Winter.html
which has both contour lines and colored ski slopes.
On the smartphone with OruxMaps GP I managed to install the "Elevate_Winter" theme, however on the Windows 11 PC with OruxMaps AM I couldn't find the folder where to insert the "Elevate_Winter.xml" file and its "ele-res" folder, so it doesn't work .
I ask if it is possible that in the future the "Elevate_Winter" theme will be made official so that it can also be installed on the Windows 11 PC with OruxMaps AM.
Thank you
George

eartrumpet

Quote from: GeorgeF on November 11, 2023, 04:54:59 PM
On the smartphone with OruxMaps GP I managed to install the "Elevate_Winter" theme, however on the Windows 11 PC with OruxMaps AM I couldn't find the folder where to insert the "Elevate_Winter.xml" file and its "ele-res" folder, so it doesn't work .
I ask if it is possible that in the future the "Elevate_Winter" theme will be made official so that it can also be installed on the Windows 11 PC with OruxMaps AM.
You should ask the creator of the fork if it's possible to get a proper installation file for Windows.
For your second question: I don't intend to include a Winter mapstyle because of various reasons, all have been discussed in the OpenAndroMaps forum.

ut

Hi GeorgeF, you say " ..however on the Windows 11 PC with OruxMaps AM I couldn't find the folder where to insert the "Elevate_Winter.xml" file and its "ele-res" folder, so it doesn't work.. "
You can find the solution here
https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=43118.msg56913#msg56913 reply by Lenz (very clear, thanks!)

That is Orux runs in a virtual machine called WSA on your pc and you have to share files between Windows and Android (WSA).

GeorgeF

Nothing, today I tried again to repurchase this OruxMaps AM app. I didn't succeed.

I started from scratch, also reinstalled Amazon Appstore, I started again from this app on Windows 11:

Start – all apps - Amazon Appstore:

I don't understand where the problem is, I had already tried a few days ago, it's a continuous loop with no exit. I have to give up.
Now I'm using Garmin BaseCamp on windows 11

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

George