Multitrack

Started by animalacc, October 17, 2016, 09:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

animalacc

Hi guys. Can anyone explain to me how to get multitrack working? A video would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

kerékjoe

at first: you have to create orux account on every phone in team (menu/manage account)

-check the internet connection (wifi, or mobiledata)

-start orux, and push gps position swich on

-set the checkbox "show friends path" (menu/global set/multitracking)

-start multitrack (menu/track/multitrack)

you can set the time of refresh the position from server (menu/global set/multitrack)

you can record the partners track, if you set it (meu/global set/multitrack/save friend track)

mna

I seem to have a bit of a problem with this.

See, since the current version doesn't work on Android 2.3 any more, and I'd really prefer to use the still very waterproof Samsung GT-S5690 "Galaxy Xcover" (I have more than one of these, android 2.3 at most and lowish-end hardware for that too, but very durable) as a "tracker dongle" ...

It just says "error connecting to remote service" (well, about that but translated into Finnish in my case).

Xcover 2 (GT-S7710) seems to work with the new version though. At least it doesn't complain when I create the account.

So, have there been changes to the server side since v. 6.0.10 then? Since that was the last before current on the home page...

(Is there a version that runs on 2.3 and works with the current servers?)

mna

Oh, and the current version only seems to let me use Google accounts installed in the phone for the Orux accounts. Is there a way to use non-Google email for this?

(Not like the others wouldn't be readable on the phone too. My preferred email app is K-9 ...)

Also would be sort of silly to create a Google account for the dog. Not like he'd know how to check the calendar for vet appointments and whatever. (Really don't like the prices charged for those dog-finder locator collars, dog can carry an old rugged-type smartphone just fine.)