Black bars / blocks in rendered map when using "Apply hill shadows"

Started by Ede_123, July 05, 2021, 09:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ede_123

Hi all,

I recently noticed an odd bug that causes rendering errors (black bars / blocks) when using (Mapsforge) OpenAndroMaps together with DEM files from http://viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage%20map%20viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm.

(Other constellations might be affected, but this is the configuration with which I can reproduce the issue.)

This issue has been reported in OAM forums twice without solution so far:

@afgb1977 Mentioned that this issue has also been reported in the OruxMaps Telegram group and recommended cleaning the raster cache. Unfortunately this does *not* solve the issue for me.

Find an example screenshot attached (more screenshots in the topics linked above).

Juanjo

Hi,

looking at your screenshot I see that in the black band elevation is not displayed (look at the DEM elevation field in the dashboard) which make me think that your .hgt file might be corrupted.
Try applying hillshades to a another map in the same region, if the black band is still there then probably the DEM is the cause.

Regards

Ede_123

Indeed you're right - I just checked and I think I simply did not download DEM files in that area.

The black bars therefore seem to occur between a piece of map that has DEM files and a piece of map that doesn't.

While it's good I could "fix" it by simply downloading the missing coverage, IIRC previously OruxMaps simply rendered the map without any hill shading where it was not available, without any glitches like apparent now?

Tronpo

Gracias a la pista de Juanjo,he podido comprobar que el fallo es producido por los Dem,en el mapa de sombreado y pendiente de observa claramente que coinciden.en mi caso es con DEM 1"de Sonny,he descargado los del configurador de Oruxmaps 3" y todo bien.

Juanjo

Quote from: Ede_123 on July 06, 2021, 11:43:02 PM
While it's good I could "fix" it by simply downloading the missing coverage, IIRC previously OruxMaps simply rendered the map without any hill shading where it was not available, without any glitches like apparent now?

again, looking at your screenshot it doesn't look like a whole hgt file is missing it looks more like the file is corrupted, some part of it has been overwritten with bad data and, obviously, oruxmaps can not deal properly with that. Try downloading it anew.