Direct routing in search route tool.

Started by tvik, July 23, 2021, 05:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvik

When using search route tool, sometimes there is a small missing piece of the path in the middle of the route you are planning. In other words in the map data used by the auto routers. This results in broken routes, since the routers find a very long loop around to get past a few meters off-path distance.

In garmin basecamp you can toggle route / direct mode to get around this problem. Not sure if possible to do the same thing in Oruxmaps? Alternatively If distance between two points in the route is less than 20m (or something), make it a direct line, regardless of data in the map the routers use.

tvik

I noticed that this is implemented in a similar way in beta. It would be great to have a button to toggle between manual/graphhopper mode, since it now routes as you go, and not the whole route at once, like earlier.

Thanks for implementing this feature.

empanada

Hi,
Anyone who knows how to toggle the auto-routing / manual mode on the search route tool?
I'm in OruxMaps 9.03 GP. The previous message says it's in the beta version, but it doesn't says number of that beta version.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've already found (or at least I think so): once completed the auto-routing, you can add segments and/or add points manually, but I didn't find how to edit (add, remove, move...) intermediate waypoints created by the auto-routing.