OruxMaps does not record track

Started by pedja, August 02, 2021, 09:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedja

I just installed OruxMaps v.7.4.23 at new phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 11) and found out that it does not record tracks.

I did set Battery and Location optimizations and access but it does not seem to matter, especially, because OruxMaps does not record tracks even when it is active on screen.

It does communicate with GPS (shows movements as expected), it just does not show red line for track and does not record track points. Start waypoint on beginning of the track shows up.

Maybe I missed some setting?

orux

Quote from: pedja on August 02, 2021, 09:19:49 AM
I just installed OruxMaps v.7.4.23 at new phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 11) and found out that it does not record tracks.

I did set Battery and Location optimizations and access but it does not seem to matter, especially, because OruxMaps does not record tracks even when it is active on screen.

It does communicate with GPS (shows movements as expected), it just does not show red line for track and does not record track points. Start waypoint on beginning of the track shows up.

Maybe I missed some setting?
Disable 'fused location provider' under sensors--GPS settings.
then check here your device: https://dontkillmyapp.com/
orux

pedja

Tried that but with no success.

Actually, after several reinstalls it come to sense and became operational as expected.