Which folder should I now use for storing maps on SDCARD

Started by grumpazoid, February 02, 2022, 07:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpazoid

Current version 7.4.23 on Android 7

I had my maps on SD CARD in the following folder com.orux.oruxmaps/files/mapfiles but it looks like my card has become corrupted.

I have put in a new SD card but when navigating to the SD card I get a message :
The contents of this folder will no longer be accessible due to restrictions introduced in Android R. Remove your personal files from this folder as soon as possible

The oruxmaps folder on the SD Card cannot be seen if I connect my phone to my PC

Should I be using another folder now?

Thanks

orux

Quote from: grumpazoid on February 02, 2022, 07:05:13 PM
Current version 7.4.23 on Android 7

I had my maps on SD CARD in the following folder com.orux.oruxmaps/files/mapfiles but it looks like my card has become corrupted.

I have put in a new SD card but when navigating to the SD card I get a message :
The contents of this folder will no longer be accessible due to restrictions introduced in Android R. Remove your personal files from this folder as soon as possible

The oruxmaps folder on the SD Card cannot be seen if I connect my phone to my PC

Should I be using another folder now?

Thanks
Using the 7.4.xx version of OruxMaps you can use any folder of the SD card root. The only restriction is that you have to give permission to the app when you select that folder in OruxMaps settings,

orux