Remove possibe segments from GPX file

Started by twoten, March 12, 2022, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoten

I have looked for GPX/route creating software that allows me to add waypoints with descriptions, follows the path (like Brouter and GraphHopper).
The best online software that I've found for this is Alltrails. This appears to follow the path more accurately than the other options and adding waypoints is straight forward.
The problem I have is when creating the route you have to do it in sections (segments) or it will route you the way the software wants, not the way you want. When I download the GPX file and add it to Oruxmaps, the map shows the positions of the 'segments'. If I view the track in Wtracks, the 'segments' are not displayed.
If I open the GPX track in a text editor I can see the waypoints but the as far as I can find, there is only one segment indicated by <trkseg> and </trkseg> at eh beginning and end of the data. Theres nothing at the points shown on the map. I have also searched the file for the coordinates shown when selecting the marker but nothing is found.
Can anyone tell me how I can remove these markers?
I have attached the GPX file and a screenshot of the issue.

Haldo

Those markers are not segment in the gpx file but probably they are the auto segmentation within the app.

go to settings - Tracks and routes - auto segmentation - and disable the auto segmentation distance (set to 0)

twoten

Quote from: Haldo on March 12, 2022, 09:46:59 AM
Those markers are not segment in the gpx file but probably they are the auto segmentation within the app.
go to settings - Tracks and routes - auto segmentation - and disable the auto segmentation distance (set to 0)
Thanks for the suggestion Haldo, unfortunately it's set at the default '0' so is not causing the problem.

Haldo

i checked the gpx and works for me without problem and no segment...

That's why I told you that probably was something whitin the settings...

LaurentG

I can't see as well any "segment" on this track when loaded in OM... nor in your screen copy.

What we can see :
- the different colors, that represent the slope. This can be activated, or de-activated in Global settings/User interface/Tracks route.../Colored path with slope
- Automatic marks at each unit distance (KM or mile or what unit you set) : This can be activated, or de-activated in Global settings/User interface/Tracks route.../Draw distance indicator
- Waypoints defined in the GPX file. If you do not want them, remove them from the gpx file, or maybe in Waypoits settings, select "No icons"

twoten

Quote from: LaurentG on March 12, 2022, 05:44:27 PM
I can't see as well any "segment" on this track when loaded in OM... nor in your screen copy.

What we can see :
- the different colors, that represent the slope. This can be activated, or de-activated in Global settings/User interface/Tracks route.../Colored path with slope
- Automatic marks at each unit distance (KM or mile or what unit you set) : This can be activated, or de-activated in Global settings/User interface/Tracks route.../Draw distance indicator
- Waypoints defined in the GPX file. If you do not want them, remove them from the gpx file, or maybe in Waypoints settings, select "No icons"
Thanks LaurantG,
'Global settings/User interface/Tracks route/distance indicator' solved it.
I hadn't realised they were distance markers. They seemed to coincide with the positions where I placed the track each time. Now I know what they are I might even keep them.
That explains why I couldn't find any reference to them in the GPX file  ::)