Track / Route Manager

Started by Giox040, April 11, 2022, 05:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giox040

Hi!
I have Oruxmaps GP but I use beta 8.5.28.
During an excursion I must have turned off the tracking by mistake, when I noticed it and I reactivated, of course a long straight line was created.
At the end of the day I wanted to try to correct the track and went to Track / Route Manager> Properties, pen icon. In single point selection, you can add, move or delete points of an existing track. I noticed that if the line between two points is very long, the app doesn't allow you to add intermediate points.
It would also be useful to be able to interrupt the track and add the missing part freehand but I realize that this would be much more complicated to develop.

orux

Quote from: Giox040 on April 11, 2022, 05:32:05 PM
Hi!
I have Oruxmaps GP but I use beta 8.5.28.
During an excursion I must have turned off the tracking by mistake, when I noticed it and I reactivated, of course a long straight line was created.
At the end of the day I wanted to try to correct the track and went to Track / Route Manager> Properties, pen icon. In single point selection, you can add, move or delete points of an existing track. I noticed that if the line between two points is very long, the app doesn't allow you to add intermediate points.
It would also be useful to be able to interrupt the track and add the missing part freehand but I realize that this would be much more complicated to develop.

You can split the Track at that point (new segment button).
Then you can delete the wrong straight line deleting the point that you used when you split the track.
Then draw by hand the correct path.
And finally join the segments...

orux

Giox040

Hi Orux, Thanks for the reply.
I tried, I learned to divide the track, I managed to eliminate the wrong segment but when it came to hand drawing the correct path I found it very complicated to do on the phone.
It would probably be easier to insert intermediate points to be moved appropriately but as I reported in the previous post, if the line between two points is very long (but in some cases even on not so long lines), the app does not allow me to add intermediate points.
If and when you can, please check this out.
Thank's for your job.