The map is always updating / refresh / reload

Started by Heyyy, April 26, 2022, 04:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heyyy

Hi!

I have a problem with one of my smartphones running android 10 & OruxMaps v.8.5.5 GP.
If I display something other than the map (another application or even the OruxMaps settings) and I come back to it (even a few seconds later) the map is updated.
On my other phones it doesn't.
It does this on all maps except the default Google map.
I uninstalled/reinstalled OruxMaps, cleared cache and data, deleted "oruxmaps" folders from my SD card, nothing changed.
I also disabled battery optimization.
Ram is not full and neither is disk space.

Has anyone had this before? Any idea to fix this?
Link to gif if uplaod didn't work : https://imgur.com/a/50rIlgd

Thanks in advance

orux

Quote from: Heyyy on April 26, 2022, 04:29:00 PM
Hi!

I have a problem with one of my smartphones running android 10 & OruxMaps v.8.5.5 GP.
If I display something other than the map (another application or even the OruxMaps settings) and I come back to it (even a few seconds later) the map is updated.
On my other phones it doesn't.
It does this on all maps except the default Google map.
I uninstalled/reinstalled OruxMaps, cleared cache and data, deleted "oruxmaps" folders from my SD card, nothing changed.
I also disabled battery optimization.
Ram is not full and neither is disk space.

Has anyone had this before? Any idea to fix this?
Link to gif if uplaod didn't work : https://imgur.com/a/50rIlgd

Thanks in advance

When the map is paused, it stops painting, but it shouldn't be too slow to repaint on return. I have to look at it...

orux

Heyyy

Quote from: orux on April 30, 2022, 07:22:51 AM
When the map is paused, it stops painting, but it shouldn't be too slow to repaint on return. I have to look at it...

orux

Thanks for your return.
How can I help you fix this? Do you need more information?
Attached are two captures. The first (OK.gif) works fine (on an old phone), the second (NOK.gif) on my main phone shows exactly the same step (app change) but the map is completely redrawn.